9451Re: [snowkiteidaho] Maui & "golf clubs"

  • michael zolin
    Nov 25, 2011
      I have also been lucky so far.  Golf clubs do fly for free and kiteboards are $100.  Most of the airlines dont have anything that says kiteboard in the rules so they classify it as a surfboard. I put my board at the bottom of my bag then put a layer of clothes over it, then my kite and a few golf clubs (drivers= they are the lightest).  Jason on your  way home layer it like this, then put some dirty looking underwear or baby diapers on the top.  Put something that they will not want to dig around in and you should be fine.  learn the names of a few of the local courses. I have been asked where I played and if I liked the course.  I was lucky that I knew a few of the courses and was able to bullshit my way through.  As for the discrimination, I was told that people with power play golf.  That is why there is no fee for clubs. Even at $200 if you get some good kiting in it will be worth it.
      Mike

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic