9446Re: [BSA] BRRRR

    Nov 24, 2011
      I'm impressed.   You are my great hero :-)

      Eddy

      On Nov 23, 2011, at 9:25 PM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

       Just to clarify I Didn't ride the go board, used the 7' 8" 112 L Kode.  This is my personal record at LP.  Staying dry was a bit of luck n great mental constipation.  Fear can do wonders.  We r heading to reno for the wwekend to see the new grandbaby.  Hope ya'll have a good thanksgiving n some one gets out at LP.  Otherwise I claim last man on the water.

      Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Yeah. That's all great and what not but this competition is based on shutting the season down at Lucky Peak.

      So is Jim Tighe still the Top Dog,  Da Man???

      But I think it is cheating if you don't get wet!!!  Anyone can ride a Go Board ;-)

      Eddy

      On Nov 23, 2011, at 7:42 PM, Thomas Cavaiani <tcavaiani@...> wrote:

      Hate to brag, but to the best of my knowledge, I hold the all-time record (for what it's worth).  In 1986 I sailed on December 16th.  It was a really unusual day weather-wise.  I had gone skiing in the morning at Bogus but it was too windy to have any fun.  I got home around 12:30 pm and it was 63 degrees in Boise.  Back in those days Indian Creek had lots of water even in the winter.  I remember sailing a 5.7 in about 20 knots of wind for probably two hours.

      Caveat:  I have heard that Jack Harrison has sailed at Indian Creek in January, but I am counting that as the EARLIEST day anyone has sailed.

      I should also mention that Jim Frazier, who moved to Idaho Falls a number of years ago, would sail all winter long.  There was a picture of Jim in the Statesman, probably sometime in the 80s, where he was sailing in dense fog at Park Center Pond.  I believe it was taken in late January during an inversion.  Nothing stopped that guy!

      Tom

      Jim Tighe gets the honor of igniting the bonfire, as he'll probably still be cold.  Good job!  Is that the new record?