762Jerk?!?!? I was thinking of a more appropriate term for him...

    Sep 25, 2006

      Furthermore….

      Wow Tom,

      What you say makes a lot of sense.  I guess I was just caught up in the moment.

      I was actually the first person to kindly great the gentleman as he got out of his truck.

      I had just rolled up my kite and was walking up to the parking lot.  By the way, what an awesome afternoon.  I almost didn't go, but was greeted by some decent swell and good winds.  It was a little gusty at first, but steadied out about 5PM.  I rode until 6:00PM when I slammed my kite hard onto the water tearing two big holes in it.  Thanks for the tow in Eddy.

      Anyway... back to this guy.  I was walking up to my car.  Eddy's truck was there with mine, but now there was another small white car.  As I got closer, I saw 4 teenagers in the car with the music blasting passing around a doobie.  They smiled and laughed.  I just shook my head.  As I took of my wetsuit, the ranger pulls up.  Of course the kids panic and take off.  He comes up to me and says, "You finished, anyone else going out".  He seemed interested.  I eagerly said yeah, I think one guy is getting ready to go out.  If you hurry you should be able to see him take of.

      He quickly hurried down to the shore.  A few minutes later Eddy comes up shaking his head.  I asked what was up.  He told me the guy says we are not allowed to be doing whatever it was we were doing.

      When the gentleman got back up to the cars, I asked what was up.  He told me the same thing.  We argued for about 20minutes before Eddy told me the gentleman had a gun and I had better leave.  Good advice Eddy, cause I was saying things I regret now.  Here is what made me so mad:

      1. He totally overlooked the pot smoking teenagers in clear view because he was Sooooooo anxious to shut us down.

      2. He deceived me into thinking he was excited/interested about our sport and used my information to go 'shut down' the new guy.

      3. He had the attitude like, "If I'm out working not having fun on a Friday afternoon, nobody else should either"

      4. He was not using common sense when explaining the rules of the 'wildlife refuge to us'.

      5. He was totally uninterested in our input.

      6. Then the whole irony of it bothered me.  Wildlife Refuge.  It's ok to tear around in a f***ing speedboat spilling gas and oil all over the lake, but it's not ok to sail a wakeboard around.  By the way, we were the only people on the lake.

      Enough said.  Great day.  I agree that we are not going to get approval by talking with the 'Jerk'.  We need to get together and take the issue to this guys 'uninformed boss'.

      -Jason