6699Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: a comment on Snake River water quality

  • Darrel Thomas
    Aug 30, 2010
      Not that I have much experience with slimy green swamp water soaking my brain pan through my nose, but, I use a Neil med nasal rinse bottle. It has pre-measured salt packs. When used with warm distilled water it is very smooth on the nose.

      Darrel Thomas
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 30, 2010, at 5:20 PM, "Jason" <solarcyclops@...> wrote:

      After 13 gallons of fish discharge taken directly through the nose on Sat I went straight for the Turkey Baster and Warm Salt H20. Tilt the head back with a full baster and woompf inject into nasal passages. Follow up with 2 caps of Diphenhydramine HCL (OTC) and let it drip.

      Still felt a bit like a tumble dried carp on Sunday but thanks to this technique I noww have full working use of both nostrils. Plus, no kicking baby in the belly--for now, but I hear the conception period for bottom-feeders is a tad slow.

      Nothing like rigging a 16.5m in a lull and having it gust to 35mph mid-session to give you a solid nose-first depth charge into the sickest water in southern Idaho. Oh the price we kiters pay for adrenaline!

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Harrison" <hyqual@...> wrote:

      > I mix my own saline solution (table salt and warm water). Yes it helps a
      > lot.
      >
      > Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW
      > HyQual
      > 208-861-1654