4764Re: [idahokiteboarding] RE: [snowkiteidaho] Emailing: webcam32.jpg

  • solarcyclops
    Jun 30, 2009
      Brick~

      SICK is the only word that comes to mind, now that is Manzo to a tee for ya. Last year I was on a 5m (Flexi Atom) in what felt like 35 g 42 getting thrashed around the mondo waves.....checked NOAA post-sess and it was 39g47---yikes! Manzo delivers, but I won't ride after 3 again, the place gets the gusty punch in the afternoon, sounds like you dialed in the trim and got the job done!!!

      Have a great one, I'm stuck at the desk rockin' the Slingshot kite cam dreaming of being in Hood. Watch out for Ry & Chrizzo, they hang out in the deep baiting for sharks.

      J.Mac

      > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Kited at Manzanita this afternoon from 4:00PM to 5:30pm with my
      > > brother-in-law. Wind was avg25 gusts to 32mph. Waves 10ft. Small craft
      > > advisory. Brother in law was on his 9m Waroo and I was on my 9m Fuel.
      > > There is NO real way to describe how absolutely overpowered I was. 5th line
      > > Trimmed 1ft. Depower cranked all the way in, Bar all the way out...
      > > standing on my tip-toes with all my body weight trying to stay on the beach.
      > > This 2006 9M Fuel has twice the power of my 2005 11m Fuel. I had fun
      > > playing on the inside. NEVER thought of trying to make it out through the
      > > massive breakers. They were walls of taller then me. Lined up three rows
      > > deep. THe tops were blowing off. It was the most wind I have EVER been in.
      > > I have a feeling it was a steady 28mph and g35 at times. Only one other
      > > kiter out when we went out. He came in once we hit the water. I'm thinking
      > > we missed the manageable wind earlier in the day.
      > >
      > > Lost my board a couple times, dropped the kite in the inside a couple times.
      > > After 1.5 hours, decided it best to kite another day. Supposed to be
      > > rocking here till at least Friday. Water chilly. Will use botties
      > > tomorrow. Wish I have a 7m.
      > >
      > > By the way... I bought some Liquid Force Luxury pads and straps the other
      > > day for my crazy fly. Awesome... awesome. They have Nike air cushions in
      > > the heals. Very comfy. Highly recommended. Perfect fit.
      > >
      > > JMac... You coming over to Manzo this year for the 4th? Phone -
      > > 208-475-4670
      > >
      > > _____

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic