      From: Eddy <geardaddyllc@...>
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2009 8:56:45 AM
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kiting'

      What a day!!! incredible everything.. .like riding on whipped butter, perfect wind, and sun-burnt face. Yesterday was the best I've had in a long time.

      Today is starting off slow...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the thermals kick in this afternoon. If so it should be good from 2 until dark. unfortunately the lapse rate is on the wrong side of the scale for good thermals, but it looks really good at 14,000ft, but an inversion at 8,000 is slowing things. Maybe it will break up.

      I'm going regardless leaving around 1-2.

      Eddy

      --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

      > Billy & I are heading out at 12
      >

      > From: Eddy Petranek <geardaddyllc@ ...>
      > Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:56:10 -0000
      > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>
      > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
      >

      > Well according to John, it was epic...a big blue hole moved over them, 14-18
      > mph wind, with 8" fresh snow. DOHO
      >
      > Heading up today for sure, got about 3" at my house so I'm guessing Camas
      > got more. Road looks open at 6:30 with headlights visible on camera 1.
      >
      > Saturday looks good as well.
      >
      > Trying to depart at noon.
      >
      > Eddy
      >
      > --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      > <mailto:snowkiteida ho%40yahoogroups .com> , Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ >
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I think I mighta missed a good one...John & Jim will call me shortly to rub
      > > it in, I¹m sure.
      > >

      > > Heading up tomorrow and Saturday for sure...won¹t let work get in the way.
      > >

      > > From: Kiter - Steve & Kris Linane <stevelinane@ >
      > > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:02:50 -0700
      > > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      > <mailto:snowkiteida ho%40yahoogroups .com> >
      > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: let's go kitin'
      > >

      > > There is a cell north of Mt. Home headed toward the camas . and the pine
      > > camera shows cars with there lights on , so it mite be a few hours before
      > > things clear up

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic