Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

3540Re: [BSA] FW: Corporation registration

Expand Messages
  • Jon Bolt
    Sep 30, 2008
      Anyone have a lawyer friend that could give us free consultation on how to setup a corporation?
      Given the talk about us needing to setup an entity that "owns property, can sue, and can be sued...", sounds like the property & assets we own would be limited to the wind sensor & communication equipment, and those assets would also be what we'd have at risk if we were sued.
      If someone knows a lawyer, I'd volunteer to investigate & report on the instruments we'd need to record to establish our "corporation".

      On 9/29/08, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
      Ok guys,

      Now I need some help. A little frustrating I know...Tell me about it!!!

      A.C.E. needs our group registered as a corporation. All the paper work is complete for the wind meter, BUT our official group needs to be a corporation for the wind meter to be finalized (see email below).  I'm requiring some help to get this done.  So all those who have a bunch of free time not doing anything special????? I guess since I'm president I can dictate, Ask, Plead, beg someone to help make our group a corporation.

      Again this is only necessary if we want the wind meter. I'm happy with the current wind meters if we chose not to do this.  How much do we want a wind meter to make our group a corp? I'm sure there will have to be other official offices and documentation and fees.  I will continue to support the wind meter cause if others really want this.

      Please let me know if we should continue forward on this project. Please let your thoughts  or vote be known by Friday.

      Eddy Petranek

      ------ Forwarded Message
      From: "Morbach, David  J NWW" <David.J.Morbach@...>
      Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:29:30 -0700
      To: Eddy Petranek <epetranek@...>
      Cc: "Dunning, Joyce M NWW" <Joyce.M.Dunning@...>, "Eskildsen, Robert D NWW" <Robert.D.Eskildsen@...>
      Subject: Corporation registration

      Eddy:  I think you might have misunderstood my question on the authority to sign documents and the association itself.  Not a problem, we just need to get the Boise Sailors Association squared away as a legal entity.

      Our directives indicate that:  

      " Grants will not be made to unincorporated associations unless they are legal entities that can hold property, sue, and be sued under the laws of the state where the property is located."   (your association will be the grantee.  A license, permit, lease or easement is considered a grant)

      Your project is approved, but before we can execute the license your Association must meet the requirements of our regulations.  I apologize in that I may not have made this clear enough to you.  No hurdle we can't get over.  Give me a call and we can discuss further.  Thanks, Dave.

      David J. Morbach
      Realty Specialist
      Army Corps of Engineers

      fax 527-7618

      ------ End of Forwarded Message

      This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
      "Boise Sailors Association" group.
      To post: BoiseSailors@...
      To unsubscribe: BoiseSailors-unsubscribe@...
      Group stuff: http://groups.google.com/group/BoiseSailors
      Sailing stuff: http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic