      From: Mark Westerdoll <westerdoll@...>
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Friday session
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 7:24 PM

      Kay, I'm back and you can get my booties back to me by calling 384-4034. That is staion number 4 and we can make arrangements. I won't need them until Saturday at the earliest.
      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>
      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, July 25, 2008, 12:04 PM

      Only dismiss LP if the overall NW flow if it is above 8 mph!!!!

      Wind meter updates at 6:45 am and it usually gets better when sun starts to hit water. So in the last couple years when it is worthy of being there, 7:30-9:30 is best.

      MTN Home:  W/NW 6-teens go back to bed, NW <6<9G  can work, N in MTH is good, NE better, E/SE Best (but not like the kites!), sometimes if it is way strong >20 it kills all the natural flow and LP is no good, super gusty.

      Boise:   W/NW 6 go back to bed, NW < 6 is potentially doable, Calm good, E/SE Great

      Caldwell does not really mean a lot in reality, unless other wind sensors are offline. then follow the Boise rules but add a couple.

      All these recommendations are for Kiters only, Windsurfing needs more or less depending how you look at it.

      Hope this guide line helps.

      On Jul 25, 2008, at 7:34 AM, tony williams wrote:

      Dang wind
      at 5:40 the latest wind readings were still blowing strong from the W at caldwell and Mt Home.  Thought it was not going to happen.
      If I only knew that it was blowing 14-23 at the LP meter.  To bad is does not update till 7:00. Well hope others were smarter and just went and out anyway. They are probably killing it right now, instead of sitting at work :(  !!