3210Re: gorge games

  • Chrizzo
    Jul 21, 2008
      Thats a shitter John. On top of that to get the REAL points you have
      to come into the wind shadow to pull a trick. Well file that away
      for next years games. Billy lost his chicken loop and made it back
      to shore grabbed another loop and still should have won his heat. It
      was absolutely lame they gave it to a wake skate doing goofy flat
      water skate tricks. Thats cool and all but nowhere the skill level
      needed to do KGB's etc. Some of the judges had no clue what level to
      score tricks and there technicality. One even told us the night
      before he was looking online to try to figure it out. Se la vie.
      Saw J making some movie magic on his way through on Sun eve. Had a
      great time mostly on the 9 but 7's and lower were the go to kite on
      dangerous Sat at Hood. Kiters from all over the US and the long
      distance prize went to S(?) Lenten from Holland and ALvaro from
      Spain. All and all it was sick sick sick kiting, non stop. Im
      barely able to walk but if Lucky is lucky its ON! you guys should
      make that a vaca for sure next year. And the nectar beer flows
      freely.

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, john perry <kiterguuy@...>
      wrote:

      > hahaha I lost really bad went out under powered did not land a
      thing hahaha oh well better luck next time!! i had and eipc session
      tho later that day. Billy is so smooth by the way i was so confused
      why he did not make it to the finals???

      drove to the gorge on wed. and kited Rufus in 9m weather for 2 hours,
      then drove to hood. Thurs was 8m weather all day, and the free style
      comp was amazing. event site was packed. afterwards we kited until
      dark, so 4+ hrs. Friday was wind surfing comp's and there was nobody
      even watching (pretty funny). we rode 9m's all day on friday. sat was
      the big air comp and again 9m weather. Crazy big air, a 40 footer was
      standard fair. afterwards we rode again until dark. sunday was 9m
      weather again and we kited from noon to 7pm. then drove home. what a
      trip!!!!! 5 days a gorge kiting will just about kill yeah.

      > i hope lp starts working! it's been a pretty lame july up there.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Ryan
      >

      > Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic