2878RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: FW: [BSA] ACE Meeting at LP
- May 11, 2008Writing up the project specifics right now. More to follow. Pretty exciting.-Jason
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 9:21 AM
Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: FW: [BSA] ACE Meeting at LP
AAG, one wire, RS232. dongle(as long as it stays where it should) … SORTA Greek to me. Jason Brickner is in charge.
From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com [mailto: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2008 5:50 AM
To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: FW: [BSA] ACE Meeting at LP
Do you have your weather station hardware selected yet?
I would donate a AAG "one wire" (Temp, direction, windspeed).
This would include the cable needed (I would make custom length for you).
And I could donate the serial RS232 dongle required.
On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 9:24 PM, hawkicd11 <hawkicd11@yahoo. com> wrote:
I'm in for $50 as well. Let's get it done......
--- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@. ..> wrote:
> I've got $50.00
> ----- Original Message
> From: "Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC" <geardaddyllc@ ...>To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
> Sent: Friday,May 9, 2008 2:23:08 PM
> Subject: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] ACE Meeting atLP
> Water Wind Sports has definitely started!!!
> I had a great meeting with A.C.E. yesterday and they really likeus a ton, by far we are
their favorite user group. I met with Joyce, Keith, and Mike to discuss the future plans at
Barclay Bay Beach (BBB). Keith will be taking over the majority of Joyce's day-to-day trivial
duties, but she still wants to be involved in the things that help us. Mike is a new Ranger
and has attempted kiteboarding in his past and seems eager to try it again at LP. It's
awesome to have a fellow wind enthusiast in this situation.
>attraction for ADA (Amer. w/ Disabilities)
> A.C.E is still working on BBB as a major
members. This summer the first project is to pave the area under the middle shelter and
place a side walk from shelter to Restroom. Eventually there is a plan to make a driveway
and parking area down to that shelter. We discussed many the different possibilities and
potential problems. They are completely open to ideas and suggestions, but there will be a
need to bring vehicle close to that shelter. This is a next year project at soonest.
>Beach Clean up: Well the beach looked good but it does have a massive amount of weed
growth. I'd like to organize a clean up or we can do it independently… There is some
fresh sand and pea gravel that could be spread as needed; unless I'm told otherwise by
next week. Anyone interested in meeting this weekend for weed pulling? I think we will
have to wait a little on the sand /gravel move. I'm out of town the next weekend so I can
not participate then.
>tentative permission to place a wind meter on the RV shelter and
> Wind Meter: We have
use phone line and building to house CPU. Jason Brickner has found some quality
equipment that is going to run ~$750-1000 to do what we want. Unless someone wants to
write in for a grant, which I could imagine taking years to process, we as a group will have
to finance the purchase of equipment. Any equipment placed there will have to be
available to general public, so we would have to pay for boaters and anyone else who
would like to use this service. It has to be free in the end, and ACE will put up the phone
service. I think that even with the small group that we have, we would only have to donate
$25-50 per person and we could have it completely paid for. (Think of the GAS you would
SAVE!!!!) I will even offer to double the highest donation if needed (up to $100). So please
make a pledge that we as the group can count on. I'm not sure how we can do this
> privately,but for right now if you are willing to go in the range I mentioned above drop
me an email and I'll start to add up our pledges to make sure we are in the Black. I don't
know exactly who in our group is acting as a treasurer, if we have or need one, but this is
an easy deal if we get more than we need we will work it out some how…. Jason is writing
up a memo of intention for ACE and once they give us the green light and if funds are
available we will go forward on the wind meter purchase and install.. I was hoping we
could get the information transferred to the T.V. weather site.
> Anyway looking forward to my first session at LP, I've had 2 atICR, maybe a 3rd today.
Has anyone hit LP yet?
> Eddy____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
>Be a better friend, newshound, and
> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.
http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>