      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Dave
      Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2008 5:50 AM
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: FW: [BSA] ACE Meeting at LP

      Do you have your weather station hardware selected yet?
      I would donate a AAG "one wire" (Temp, direction, windspeed).
      This would include the cable needed (I would make custom length for you).
      And I could donate the serial RS232 dongle required.
      Your call!
      Dave

      On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 9:24 PM, hawkicd11 <hawkicd11@yahoo. com> wrote:

      I'm in for $50 as well. Let's get it done......
      Hawk

      --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@. ..> wrote:

      > I've got $50.00 too....
      > Kay

      by far we are
      their favorite user group. I met with Joyce, Keith, and Mike to discuss the future plans at
      Barclay Bay Beach (BBB). Keith will be taking over the majority of Joyce's day-to-day trivial
      duties, but she still wants to be involved in the things that help us.  Mike is a new Ranger
      and has attempted kiteboarding in his past and seems eager to try it again at LP.  It's
      awesome to have a fellow wind enthusiast in this situation.

      > A.C.E is still working on BBB as a major attraction for
      w:st="on">ADA (Amer. w/ Disabilities)
      members. This summer the first project is to pave the area under the middle shelter and
      place a side walk from shelter to Restroom. Eventually there is a plan to make a driveway
      and parking area down to that shelter. We discussed many the different possibilities and
      potential problems. They are completely open to ideas and suggestions, but there will be a
      need to bring vehicle close to that shelter. This is a next year project at soonest.

      > Beach Clean up:  Well the beach looked good but it does have a
      massive amount of weed
      growth.  I'd like to organize a clean up or we can do it independently… There is some
      fresh sand and pea gravel that could be spread as needed; unless I'm told otherwise by
      next week.  Anyone interested in meeting this weekend for weed pulling? I think we will
      have to wait a little on the sand /gravel move. I'm out of town the next weekend so I can
      not participate then.

      > Wind Meter:  We have tentative permission to place a wind meter on the
      RV shelter and
      use phone line and building to house CPU. Jason Brickner has found some quality
      equipment that is going to run ~$750-1000 to do what we want. Unless someone wants to
      write in for a grant, which I could imagine taking years to process, we as a group will have
      to finance the purchase of equipment. Any equipment placed there will have to be
      available to general public, so we would have to pay for boaters and anyone else who
      would like to use this service. It has to be free in the end, and ACE will put up the phone
      service. I think that even with the small group that we have, we would only have to donate
      $25-50 per person and we could have it completely paid for. (Think of the GAS you would
      SAVE!!!!) I will even offer to double the highest donation if needed (up to $100).  So please
      make a pledge that we as the group can count on. I'm not sure how we can do this
      > privately, but for right now if you are willing to go in the range I
      mentioned above drop
      me an email and I'll start to add up our pledges to make sure we are in the Black. I don't
      know exactly who in our group is acting as a treasurer, if we have or need one, but this is
      an easy deal if we get more than we need we will work it out some how….  Jason is writing
      up a memo of intention for ACE and once they give us the green light and if funds are
      available we will go forward on the wind meter purchase and install.. I was hoping we
      could get the information transferred to the T.V. weather site.

      > Anyway looking forward to my first session at LP, I've had 2 at ICR, maybe
      a 3rd today.
      Has anyone hit LP yet?