13431Re: [snowkiteidaho] A chance for Sat?

  • RUSTY HILL
    Aug 16, 2014
      How does the saying go? Second worm gets the cheese? (That's a joke, in case you don't know my sense of humor) Well, I arrived at 8. Annie and I camped in Idaho city last night and didn't have cell reception. So on blind faith we headed down to Barclay, a little late albeit. When I arrived I checked the wind readings and it was blowing 22. Just so happened that that was the peak for the morning. Lucky me :). Kited for an hour and a half and enjoyed every lonely minute of it. Hope to see a better turnout tomorrow!

      Rusty Hill
      208.891.7744

      On Aug 16, 2014, at 8:23 AM, "Gear Daddy LLC geardaddyllc@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Looks like it turned on.  Argh

      Eddy

      On Aug 16, 2014, at 7:23 AM, "Jim Tighe jim@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      It's Saturday morning,7:15.  Sun just popped over the edge.no white caps yet.  Oh wait, yes there was one.  Might come up but probably not.  Very pretty though.

      On Aug 16, 2014 6:28 AM, "Will Hise will.hise@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      We need an on-site. I thought everything set up perfectly. Maybe they put a cardboard box on the meter? Birds nest? A cup broke off the anemometer?

      No fun waking at 6 to stare in disbelief at my phone

      On Saturday, August 16, 2014, Gear Daddy LLC geardaddyllc@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Took a digger???  Wth

      Eddy

      On Aug 14, 2014, at 8:22 PM, "Will Hise will.hise@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The chris lee forcast just went out to the BSA list. He thinks sat looks good and possibly Sunday and Monday.

      Bring your big gear and see you there!

      On Thursday, August 14, 2014, gammo58@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      What's the chance for wind on Saturday

      I have to be in Boise this Friday and Saturday.

      I kite with u guys in the winter at times

      It would be fun to ride with u at lucky peak

      Thanks for any info

      Chris

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic