12853Puerto Penasco Kiteboarding

    Mar 29 9:41 PM
      Had another great session In Puerto Penasco. Even better than Wednesday. Steady 18mph for two solid hours. Kited till sunset. Heading back to Boise today.

      -Jbrick

      On Mar 29, 2014, at 6:25 PM, "Josh Woodland" <woodland.josh@...> wrote:

      Decided not to bring kite gear along.  Too much else to do, and figured weather wouldn't cooperate.

      Got to Thousands Springs Campground Thursday afternoon, and had I brought gear, I would've been in the water (or at least really tempted to). There wasn't much open space on shore, so I would have had to drift launch to get out, and then self-rescue to get back. The wind happened to be pretty steady and side-offshore.

      Maybe I'm just desperate... Need to get out soon...

      Josh

      The canyon is pretty deep through that section making the wind a little choppy.  Your best bet this time of year is to head out to Wilson Lake, 1 mile north of Hazelton, or about 20 miles northeast of Twin Falls. There is also still midwinter snowkiting available from chairlift access on Mt. Harrison.  Get back to me if you would like to hit either spot.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic