12589Re: [snowkiteidaho] Scouting report - cascade area

  • Jim Tighe
    Jan 4, 2014

      Thanks for a great report.  As for the relocation fund, I will just plan a vacation. Your an asset for the area.

      On Jan 4, 2014 2:24 PM, "Will Hise" <will.hise@...> wrote:

      Hey all-

      Went skiing up at tamarack yesterday and did a little snowkite scouting. Since camas is dry as a bone (drove though before new years) I thought I would check out a different area.

      Round valley does not have enough snow on the ground.

      Casacade lake is frozen and ridable. There was about 1-3 inches of snow over the ice and it was pretty soft in some areas, like the northern parts of the lake. Wind was blowing westerlies so it was gusty and would shut off for 30-45 min at a time but a south or north wind would work nicely on the lake.

      The fields don't have enough snow and even the ones we found with 4 or more inches had no base so you would be riding right on the grass.

      Tamarack, for skiing, has more snow than bogus but it's rock hard and sucks in most places. I'm sorry I brought such crappy winters since I moved here. If anyone wants to start a fund for me to move back, perhaps you can get your winters back.

      On a more positive note, we did stay in driggs and Jackson last week and they have a lot more snow than this side of the state. It's kitable on the hills north of driggs and we heard on antelope flats has just enough. The east side of Wyoming has great snow if anyone wants to really chase it.

      Cheers and here's hoping for some mega storms!!

      --Will

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic