      From: <kiteglobe@...>
      Date: Dec 19, 2013 10:33 PM
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Soldier Mountain Kiteboarding
      To: "will.hise@..." <will.hise@...>

      Count Monty in!!

      Nothing is going to stop this new dad.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

      From: Will Hise <will.hise@...>;
      To: Snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>; <kristi@...>; <westerdoll@...>;
      Sent: Fri, Dec 20, 2013 4:44:45 AM

      guess i should have copied everyone on the original thread....

      On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:
      Me Me Me!!!

      I'd be interested in seeing what's available and hearing what the costs might be.

      With poor snow years, finding a good higher altitude spot with snow and wind would be great as long as it's not too expensive (and I know Soldier typically has great rates!).

      On a good snow year, their challenge would be convincing us to drive passed all that great riding in Camas to pay for a lift ticket.

      Still, it's awesome that they are even considering it and I'd like to support that.

      On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 9:24 PM, RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...> wrote:

      Pick me!!!! I would love to explore and see what potential is up there. It's hard to say what support would be needed before going up and experiencing and exploring but I am definitely keen to give some input!

      Rusty Hill

      On Dec 19, 2013, at 9:14 PM, Mark Westerdoll <westerdoll@...> wrote:

      Hello Kiters,
      There has been a huge change at Soldier lately and I'm going back to be a Catskiing Guide again. The new managers were asking me about the possibility of lift served kiteboarding in some of the areas in/out of bounds at Soldier. I was up there this week and there is enough snow to be riding there now. Anybody interested in a session with the managers to show them what we do/need?
      There are two subjects they are intrested in, day kiters and overnighters at their yurt. The terrain off of the top of the second chair is open rolling ridges, mostly south facing, 7,000 feet. I'll start monitoring wind patterns, they are willing to put up a web wind meter.  The other interest is in overnight yurt trips based on kiting, is there any interest there? What kind of support would be needed?
      Reply with your comments to this thread and I'll pass it on to Soldier, we can probably get a ride up on the lifts and have a brainstorming, trial run anytime if there is interest, BYOK and stoke!!