      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim shultz
      Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:53 AM
      To: Snowkiteidaho
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] Re: LP

      Thinking that the device linked below would be great when paired with a decent quality deep cycle battery.  Would likely need to build some sort of insulated box to hold the hardware and mount a 20' pole onto.  All together not a cheap undertaking, but likely not that expensive ($3-400.00?).   Obviously as was mentioned, location and security would be a consideration.  Approaching landowner for permission?  Thoughts?

      On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      Theoretically it should be possible.  The backup UPS runs off a 12VDC battery.  I’m not sure why we couldn’t wire it into some larger car batteries.  The only issue would be having enough solar power to charge the batteries… and where  to put it.

      -JBrick