Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

12450Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] Re: LP

Expand Messages
  • Jim shultz
    Oct 24, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Thinking that the device linked below would be great when paired with a decent quality deep cycle battery.  Would likely need to build some sort of insulated box to hold the hardware and mount a 20' pole onto.  All together not a cheap undertaking, but likely not that expensive ($3-400.00?).   Obviously as was mentioned, location and security would be a consideration.  Approaching landowner for permission?  Thoughts?

      On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      Theoretically it should be possible.  The backup UPS runs off a 12VDC battery.  I’m not sure why we couldn’t wire it into some larger car batteries.  The only issue would be having enough solar power to charge the batteries… and where  to put it.




      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim shultz
      Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:20 PM
      To: Snowkiteidaho
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] Re: LP



      Thinking out loud here...what would it take to set up the weather station in the vicinity of "Last Resort" on the Camas?  Power supply?


      On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:


      Folks, any preferences on when we should take down the LP weather station?  Target Nov. 1?  The longer it's up, the more the elements wear on it, so if usefulness is diminishing, maybe time to take it down?


      On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Chris Lee <leelinfat@...> wrote:

      Drove up and it's blowing.  However, it felt too cold and my car said it's 41 even the station said 44.  Decided not to sail as I'm not 100% from the cold I got a week and half ago.

      Tom (windsurf?) and Larry (SUP) was driving up when I was driving off.

      I guess I should have arrived later and I may have rigged up and sailed.


      On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Chris Lee <leelinfat@...> wrote:

      Looks like it's going off and thinking about giving it a shot. Hopefully no hiking now that shutdown is over.

      Best regards,
      Chris Lee


      This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
      "Boise Sailors Association" group.
      To post: BoiseSailors@...
      Group stuff: http://groups.google.com/group/BoiseSailors
      Sailing stuff: http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/
      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Boise Sailors Association" group.
      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to boisesailors+unsubscribe@....
      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



    • Show all 198 messages in this topic