12266Re: [snowkiteidaho] gorge report

  • Jim Tighe
    Sep 14 9:33 AM

      Lucky peak was actually on the edge of doable today.  But I choose the not quite side. Very beautiful with a lot of birds fishing. N only a few boaters.

      On Sep 14, 2013 8:59 AM, "Chris Lee" <leelinfat@...> wrote:

      What about in the after at Lake Lowell?  Don't think it's enough to windsurf but may be enough for kite with strong SE wind.

      On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      Sunday morning behavior seems driven more by frontal & NW-wide pressures, vs. our typical thermal mechanism.  Pressure is somewhat low now and forecast maps show NW dominated by a Low: http://www.intellicast.com/National/Surface/Forecast24.aspx.  Not the typical setup we like, with higher pressure at airport.  But the strong & long SE flow sure looks juicy...have to watch the LP meter tomorrow and see what's goin' on...

      On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

      I am hoping that Sunday will blow at 3mi, but that's ready iffy at this point.
      And yes it would be 8hrs of driving for ??? Hrs of sailing. Does anyone have a read on what the aviation wx site is saying for Sunday am? Up to 17kts has anyone seen that before?
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 13, 2013, at 9:16 PM, Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...> wrote:

      Maybe you would be interested in a ride at the Velodrome or Hidden Springs?  Still wanting to get a trip to the Gorge in this year.  Tell me when you decide to go.

      -Mike