12037Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Cascade

  • Bill Binegar
    Jul 20, 2013
      Brian is absolutely right. Feel free to call Or text me though if in Cascade area. My phone number is 724-5029.  I am 10 miles north of the town of Cascade. I have a nice beach to launch from. On the weekends like today there were five boats and I don't know how many people on it. It rarely blows though. However if you only need 12 the 14 miles an hour that is fairly common. Signing off Billy G

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 20, 2013, at 5:54 PM, "Brian" <bkerrmd@...> wrote:

      By the Way, this is the location where the Southern Idaho Sailing association holds its twice a year regatta. You will often see a hobie cat or two on this beach as well.

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bkerrmd@...> wrote:

      > Best wind and best launch IMHO is 2 miles south of the cascade golf course. The lake narrows down a bit creating a bit of a venturi effect but the reality is that the wind is very up and down unless there is a southern frontal wind or a northern flow after a front has passed.
      > ~1.8 miles south of the golf course is a campground and new picnic pavilion at a broad sandy point/beach. There is good parking and easy access. Good luck. let me know how you do. I have always thught that a big flysurfer kite would be just the ticket for Cascade.
      >
      > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Where's the launcing place in cascade? Is it big and safe enough to launch-land a 19m flysurfer speed3?
      > >
      > > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I got two solid hours in today at Cascade. Started on my 12 and then had to move up to the 17 m. Good day in all.
      > > >

      > > > Sent from my iPhone

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic