12034Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Cascade

    Jul 20 4:43 PM
      Stefano, Bill Binegar knows best...he's up there every weekend, probably this weekend too.  If someone has his phone number they should email it to you so you can call him.  He'd be looking for a kiting buddy up there.  His email: billyg2477@...

      I've launched at one of the campgrounds on the northwest end of the reservoir.  I think it was Poison Creek or Amanita, or one of those (there are about 4 in a row along that stretch...just drive by & look for a grassy area big enough to launch).  Have to go to Donnelly, turn left toward West Mountain, then south when you come to the T in the road.  That road goes by Tamarack and parallels the reservoir.  Bill has a launch somewhere on south end I think.

      Two things to watch out for.  #1 thunderclouds forming over west mountain...they can send some NASTY winds down the slopes onto the lakes.  Be careful during hottest part of summer.  Watch the water for wind big squalls coming your way.  #2: the wind can quit SUDDENLY up there.  Don't go out farther than you care to swim w/ a limp & heavy foil!!.  I'm speaking from experience.

      On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM, stefanoortelli <sortelli@...> wrote:

      Where's the launcing place in cascade? Is it big and safe enough to launch-land a 19m flysurfer speed3?

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@...> wrote:

      > I got two solid hours in today at Cascade. Started on my 12 and then had to move up to the 17 m. Good day in all.
      >

      > Sent from my iPhone

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic