11981Re: [snowkiteidaho] Manzo is breaking me!
- Jul 12, 2013The body started feeling better yesterday afternoon. Wind was solid 9m by 1:00pm.Hit the water at 4:15 and came in at 6:30.Nice and solid smooth on the outside. A little lighter in the washing machine.The 9m fuel was money.Today starting out with more clouds and less wind. Will it happen?We're ready for day number 6 of kiting.Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors. Sent from my phone.
On Jul 11, 2013, at 11:48 AM, "William Binegar" <billyg2477@...> wrote:Jason,Wow, sounds like great family fun and for the young dudes like yourself. Enjoy the aches and pains, it means you're alive and having fun. I'm at Cascade with maybe wind today??Glad someone's getting it, you and Steffano too.Later, BillOn Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Jason Brickner included below]
Sharing the stoke from Manzanita, OR.
Got here last Sunday. Pulled into town about 2PM. Not much wind and beautiful blue skies. By 4:00PM it had picked up 20MPH G24MPH. Perfect hairdryer smooth wind. The smoothest I have ever kited in. Decided to put up the Flexfoil 14.5 Ion2. Perfectly powered for lots of backrolls and jumps. I stayed out till 7:15PM for 3:15hours of kiting. We rented my 11 and 14 year old wetsuits and booties and boogy boards. Great fun kiting near them as they were able to enjoy the windy beach too.
Monday picked up by 2:00PM. Sunny. I went up to get my 11m Fuel and by the time I got back to the beach, it was obviously 9m conditions. I launched my 9m and immediately depowered it most of the way. As I was making my first pass out, it became obvious it was almost 7m conditions. My brother in law and I enjoyed about 1.5hrs until the wind turned more northerly and became devilish. Neiakanhi mountain to the north was creating nasty rotors than made it not kiteable. All 11 kites left the water and never went back out. We came back and checked at the wind was gusting to 35 with 13sec average of 28mph.
Tuesday was a repeat of Monday but the wind stayed westerly and not devilish. Sunny. The 9m worked, but it built to 7m conditions by late afternoon. I kept thinking how I need a 7m kite once per year. I should buy one and rent it to anyone who may need it for a trip. Kited for 2hours before the wind was more than I could handle. When I came in to landed my depowered 9m, I could not keep my ground and was getting dragged up the beach. Luckily, there was a guy walking the beach that helped me get it down.
Wednesday was amazing and blue sky sunny. Wind was mid twenties by 11:00AM and went until 6:30PM. I hit the water at 2:30PM and kited until 6:15PM. Almost 4hrs of kiting. My body is feeling broken. Windy was punchy, but never really gusted over low 30’s. Lots of good jumps and backrolls. About 8 kites out. My brother in law was on his 9m best bow kite. The waves built as the day went on, but nothing bigger than 6ft.
Its Thursday at 10:30 and getting sunny. Caps are forming and my body is saying I need a break. However, if it’s windy, we will hit it. Who’s got the ibuprofen and beer?
Crappy pics attached
- << Previous post in topic