11947Re: [snowkiteidaho] Turner Fire

  • Will Hise
    Jul 2, 2013
      don't forget that it doesn't report lulls.

      On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      Wow… the graph looked perfect and strong.  Must have been a direction thing.  There is no calibration of the anemometer so it should be indicating what is happening up on the roof of the trailer.  Solid low twenties from 6 – 8 with gusts to high 20s.

      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jon Bolt
      Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:20 PM
      To: Snowkiteidaho

      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Turner Fire

      Jbrick...wind quality pretty crappy this morning.   Worst of year for sure.  Early end of first session because looked like it was dying bigtime, so several of us came in.  Then it picked back up, so I went back out on Linane's Wainman 12m.  Never seen such erratic sputtering frustrating wind.  Punch & die, punch & die...Kite canopy couldn't  stay full & steady for more than a second.  First session just crap wind.  Second sesh it evened out a bit, but lighter...still gaps & holes.  Another calibration: the erratic wind produced much landing excitement...extreme direction changes  caused a couple kites to Hindenburg barely missing picnic shelter, kites falling on the dock, Steve L. tried a self-land that went back up & tumbled over the picnic shelter.  Probably 6 or more OMG landing attempts.  Amazingly...no damage to any kites.   That just never happens...

      On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      Tony,

      This looked like a stellar day from the numbers. You make it sound like it was less than average.  Did everyone else find it on the lighter side?

      Regards,

      -Jason Brickner

      Olympus Controls

      On Jul 2, 2013, at 10:03 AM, "tony williams" <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

      Well the smoke did not kill the wind but it was definately in the air as I could smell it straight away as I got out of the car.

      10 kiters today and 0 wind surfers.  up and down wind with varying locations of holes.  Was stronger then yesterday and still pretty fun as long as you had a good sized kite.