11831Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: URGENT CONSIDERATION: South Padre in Sept/October anyone???
- Jun 14, 2013OMG...OK w/ jwattboy & other stragglers Jbrick & BillyG, it's now 3 doin' Oct 2-9 and 7 on Oct 5-14.......darn well better be windy...On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 7:31 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:YO!....BILLY G IN DA HOUSE...On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM, William Binegar <billyg2477@...> wrote:Billy G finally got his priorities straight and is going to Padre with the group. Same flights as Jon.....BTW I will have an extra 'golf' bag with wheels as Wendy is not going. See you all on the water soon hopefully. My summer hours start next week!! Thanks to Jon, Jake... for getting this started.Later, Billy GOn Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM, jwattboi <jwattboi@...> wrote:
I'm in. Jake, I bought the same itinerary that you have. Share car and hotel for sure.
--- In email@example.com, Jake Dobson <jakedobson80@...> wrote:
> Didn't want to wait for the low ticket prices to disappear, so I booked a flight leaving 10/2 @ 3:20pm and coming back 10/9 @ 6:40 from San Antonio. Let me know if anyone want to share a rental car/ hotel.
> Sent from my iPad
>> On Jun 11, 2013, at 8:40 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:
> > Morning wind junkies! It's your friendly travel & entertainment coordinator spreading temptations...
> > Southwest just started a 72 hr fare sale ending June 13 midnight, for travel between Aug 26 & Dec 18.. Anyone wanna go to SPI in late Sept or October?
> > For some reason San Antonio (SAT) doesn't show up in their list of destination cities out of Boise, but I checked and they do have service in September & October. Fares $140 each way are plentiful at the moment.
> > I looked for air routes closer to SPI. Directly to Corpus from Boise, that service ends July 5. Boise to Harlingen...they do have that route but only on one or two days each week, cheapest fare is $302 each way, & plane change/more hassle & time. So round trip to SAT saves $320 vs. Harlingen, which would easily fund share of a rental car & probably most of a condo or house. In years past, on the drive down to SPI we stopped in Corpus to kite Packary Channel.
> > [I also looked at Outerbanks. Can get there outbound leg for $164, but they only have one day each week for a return connection, and cheapest return is $269. Southwest will not have this service from Boise after September 22, and early September still in prime hurricane season so more risk of tropical lows that shut off wind...or too much wind. Also, it takes a lot more travel & drive time to get to OBX vs. SPI...you spend a fully day getting there & returning. Sois preferable.]
> > The gameplan would be fly in/out of SAT, share rental car & nice condo or house. more the participation, the greater the fun, & cheaper the cost too.
> > TIMING: I'm thinking around Oct 1 +/- a couple weeks, so sometime between Sept 15 and Oct. 15, and probably stay for a week or maybe a little more so can negotiate a week rate & get an extra day or two added for free. The earlier before Oct. 1, there are 3 issues: a) more late summer heat & humidity, b) more risk of hurricane/tropical low shutting off wind, c) the Gorge may still be going. As you get closer to November it starts cooling off, wind starts becoming more uncertain and shorties unlikely. So I guess I'm proposing departing sometime between Oct 1 and Oct. 15 the latest.
> > Who's interested in/around that window?
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>