11518Re: [snowkiteidaho] [BSA] New Weather station

  • Jim shultz
    May 5, 2013
      I'm in for 50.  It looks like it is working this morning.  Easterlies at my house near Barber Park as I write this....anyone going?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 4, 2013, at 18:31, RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...> wrote:

      I like the way you're thinking… Lets explore all the options so we can see what will work best long term.

      RUSTY HILL
      rustyshill@...

      On May 4, 2013, at 6:23 PM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      Might be cost prohibitive.  2-300 cracked screen, otherwise 400+ for non broken units.

      Not sure if the hotspot will stay activated when only used periodically.  I can donate mine for a week or so to test.

      On May 4, 2013, at 18:13, RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...> wrote:

      that could work… how much for an broken iPad?

      RUSTY HILL
      rustyshill@...

      On May 4, 2013, at 6:12 PM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      What about maybe a cheap cracked screen iPad with Verizon off eBay?  Non contract data $20/month for 1GB.

      On May 4, 2013, at 17:37, RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...> wrote:

      As of right now, Verizion wouldn't be the best bet as they require a contract and are much more expensive. That would require us to pay for service on months we have no need for the weather station. That's why we're trying to find someone who has a Sprint smartphone so we could sign up for a month to month service through Virgin, who uses Sprint's network.

      RUSTY HILL
      rustyshill@...

      On May 4, 2013, at 5:16 PM, jwattboi <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      Count me in for a contribution in funds. I've got an iPad with the Verizon 4G chip in it, I can run Speedtest.net on Verizon up there if you want. Let me know and I'll bring it next time.

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic