11293Re: weekend up date for the prairie

  • geardaddyllc
    Feb 22, 2013
      The wind is supposed to come thru early AM Saturday and wind advisories throughout the region. Not sure about the 6-15" of snow but fingers are crossed for something. I'm not going to bother with Saturday as it will likely be snowy, cloudy, and very gusty strong winds, maybe road closures also. So be careful. Sunday is my day to head up. Late afternoon thermal should make for another great day!

      ...POWERFUL WINTER STORM TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY...

      .A VERY STRONG WINTER STORM APPROACHING THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST THIS
      MORNING WILL TRACK BRING SNOW TO THE IDAHO MOUNTAINS TODAY AND
      SPREAD THROUGH MUCH OF SOUTHWEST IDAHO TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY SATURDAY
      MORNING. STRONG WINDS WILL DEVELOP OVER SOUTHEAST OREGON THIS
      AFTERNOON AND SPREAD EAST. HEAVIEST SNOW WILL FALL IN THE IDAHO
      MOUNTAINS NORTH OF THE SNAKE RIVER BASIN. ELEVATIONS BELOW 4500
      FEET WILL HAVE RAIN AT FIRST BUT WILL CHANGE TO SNOW AS A STRONG
      COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH IN THE PRE- DAWN HOURS SATURDAY. STRONG
      WINDS ALONG THE FRONT AND THEN LATER AGAIN ON SATURDAY WILL CAUSE
      BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.

      * SNOW AMOUNTS...6 TO 15 INCHES POSSIBLE...GREATEST AMOUNTS IN THE
      BOISE MOUNTAINS ABOVE 4000 FEET.

      * SNOW LEVELS...4500 FEET UNTIL COLD FRONT PASSES DURING THE
      PRE- DAWN HOURS SATURDAY. SNOW LEVEL WILL QUICKLY LOWER TO
      VALLEY FLOORS BEHIND THE FRONT.

      * WINDS...SOUTH 10 TO 20 MPH BEFORE FRONTAL PASSAGE THEN
      SHIFTING TO WEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH.

      * TIMING...LATE MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING. WORST
      CONDITIONS EXPECTED BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND SUNRISE SATURDAY.

      * IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL ON ALL AREA ROADS DUE TO SNOW AND
      REDUCED VISIBILITY.

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

      > That would be typical since I'm on the DL and they just cancelled the PBR
      > event.
      >
      > You're all welcome. I shall be the wind sacrifice for you all!
      >
      > Have fun and take pictures.
      >

      > On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Fri. snow 3to 5" ,Sat. Sun. could be the best days of the year .

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic