11044Re: wind alert

  • jwattboi
    Dec 2, 2012
      Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

      Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

      I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

      > Pocatello 41-58mph SW
      >
      > But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December. Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.
      >
      > Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now
      >
      > Eddy
      >

      > On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
      >
      > > If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28
      > >
      > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: jwattboi@...
      > > Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
      > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert
      > >

      > > I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic