11018Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Is it kite able today?

  • Bill Binegar
    Nov 19 9:47 AM
      Jason, glad you are getting some. Also good to hear the lucky peak karma continues in Hawaii. I know the lucky peak crew has kept me going more than a few days.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 19, 2012, at 11:24 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      Got two sessions in yesterday. Wind was really east making a huge shadow on shore.

      First one, from the beginner beach a ways downwind. Set up the 9.5, waited for a puff and launched. Body dragged out maybe 150 feet kite crashed, I could hear the guy that launched me yelling it shut off. Yup, I turned around and almost all kites were in the water, even out by the reef. It just shut down almost completely.

      Second sesh, drove up to Kanaha beach, waited for it to build up again. Went out on the 9.5 for an hour and a half before it got light. Powered up great past the reef most of the time. Once it started getting light past the reef, no way to get back to Kanaha so I took out down by boneyard.

      I was able to help out some guy having a little kitemare. I saw him body dragging in about halfway between the reef and beach without a board. I was able to spot his surfboard out by the breakers and went to pick it up. Man, it's hard to kite one handed while dragging a surfboard. I got just upwind of him before I lost my plane and had to dump it. Yelled at him and caught his attention. Saw him back out later giving me a thumbs up. Karma, pay it forward and all that.

      Wish you were all here.

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:
      > Did you make it up there? I was jonesin as well. Went out to the park with my skateboard and trainer kite. Long story short, I ended up with some road rash as the parking lot was a bit wet and skidded out during a sharp toe side turn. Watts is headwind to Maui today the dog!
      > Sent from my iPhone
      > On Nov 17, 2012, at 12:17 PM, "Jake Dobson" <jakedobson80@...> wrote:
      > > Overcast, but strong southeast wind. Would it work today at LP? I may just be desperate to go kiting, but thought I would see.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic