    Nov 18, 2012
      Steve thanks for the information. Unfortunately I did not bring my Zephyr. I went out today on a 16 m Cabrhina and it was like towing a cement truck. No fun at all. Tomorrow will be better

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 17, 2012, at 10:32 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      Holly Beach The wind is generally cleaner and more consistent . Best wind directions are southeast to east. Holly works best on thermal southeasterly winds, not north winds and Isla Blanca County Park is a good destination in South winds. Usually kiters begin their downwinder here and head north through town. Catch a cab back for only 3 dollars per person and start it all over again. itis got to be a real windy day.
      The Spoils are butter flat water in the middle of the bay. If you have boat access then this is a good location for super flat shallow water. Works best in thermal winds from the south to east .
      Fishing Shacks
      South wind location for butter flat water! I mean like a mirror

      http://www.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=208007871715317634525.00047491d2edebfa2f621&ll=26.186867,-97.223511&spn=0.308084,0.460052&t=m&z=11&vpsrc=0&iwloc=000474925875548555421&f=d&daddr=Holly+Beach+%4026.143034,-97.295094

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: billyg2477@...
      Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 22:17:05 -0600
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Is it kite able today?

      Steve is there a better place to go when the winds are East, maybe off the island?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 17, 2012, at 10:13 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      Bill  S Padre forecast light east wind and 75 the rest of the week , maybe big kit tomorrow

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: billyg2477@...
      Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 21:57:56 -0600

      I am down south in Padre with my whole family and convinced two of my high school friends to bring their families. No wind. Need Rusty to send another video.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 17, 2012, at 9:06 PM, Jake <jakedobson80@...> wrote:

      Never made it up. The rain and clouds scared me away. Wish I was down south kiting.
      Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

      Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

      >Did you make it up there? I was jonesin as well. Went out to the park with my skateboard and trainer kite. Long story short, I ended up with some road rash as the parking lot was a bit wet and skidded out during a sharp toe side turn. Watts is headwind to Maui today the dog!
      >
      >Sent from my iPhone
      >
      >On Nov 17, 2012, at 12:17 PM, "Jake Dobson" <jakedobson80@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Overcast, but strong southeast wind. Would it work today at LP? I may just be desperate to go kiting, but thought I would see.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic