10968Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Chrismas kite

    Oct 20, 2012
      Been to both Los Barilles and La Ventana.  I liked LB better even thou stronger winds happen at LV. You'll still have as many days in LB unless you want small kites only.

      Eddy

      On Oct 20, 2012, at 8:56 AM, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

      Last January I didn't need a wet suit in Los barriles and all four days we were there the right kite size was 12 or 14m. These VIDS were shot in January:

      los barrilles
      http://kitesites.com/wp/2012/05/02/bombarded-with-kites/

      la ventana
      http://kitesites.com/wp/2010/11/24/la-ventana-warm-weather-kitesurfing-in-december/

      I'll be in baja in January and Penasco (northern mexico) this holiday season:

      http://kitesites.com/wp/category/kitesurfing-location/rocky-point-kitesurfing/

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, how many good ones! We are thinking to go the week just before Christmas, just after the schools close. I'm looking for a spot to use th 12. If I take my wife on a beach good for the 7 she could ask for divorce,
      >
      > Are you interested to join? Anyone interested?
      >
      > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, steve linane <itile@> wrote:
      > >

      > > I think Jon is right , there are other Spots ( Costa Rica , Australia ,Antigua,Aruba,Barbados,Bonaire,Coche,Los Roques,Margarita,Tobago Puerto Rico ,Peru and the big one Brazil ) ,
      > > But if you have only a week Baja is your best bet .Jon gave you good flight info . But here are the nuts and bolts , Flying into LAP or SJD you will need to rent a car or arrange a ride , the ride cost $100 last time I went . Baja Joes can help with a ride and they have room to rent . http://www.bajajoe.com/Web_Cam.htm but Casa verde is much nicer http://www.bajmahal.com/ .
      > > Be prepared for high wind a 7m 9m and a 12m . very similar to the gorge , can be gusty with bigger swells .In La Ventana No flat water except in a little spot down wind , but the wind needs to blow hard enough to fill it . Two spots have surf but its got to blow two or three day in a row night and day and hard , and at that its not much . Bring a 4/3 wet suit along with your 3/2 its not really shorty weather . Watch out for urchin . I step on one , it hurts bad .
      > > Needle fish are said to be a danger , but not much you can do about them . they either fly out of the water and hit you or they don't .
      > > #1 things to do , get a ride to the hot springs and do a down winder .
      > > #2 when the wind doesn't blow , well bring a good book
      > >
      > > Los Barriles not as windy as La Ventana and not as often but not buy to much , things to do there , kite when windy , when not windy wait for the wind .
      > > will yes both places you can SUP , snorkel , fish , mt bike , drink , rent a four wheeler , drive over to the Pacifica to go surfing , ect .
      > > what dates do you plan to go ?
      > >

      > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: idakiteman@
      > > Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:54:58 -0600
      > > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Chrismas kite
      > >

      > > Mexico. Trade winds leave Hawaii in winter and if only there for one week, much bigger probably of no wind. Mexico the El Norte winds along sea of Cortez really get rolling by December. Go to Los Barriles (fly into SJD) or La Ventana (LAP airport is closest but SJD a cheaper flight from Boise).
      > >

      > > On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM, stefanoortelli <sortelli@> wrote:
      > >

      > > What's easy to go spot for Christmas trip to kite? Hawaii? Mexico?

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic