10921Re: Tue/Wed Desert Run

  • jwattboi
    Oct 3, 2012
      Solid beef when we first got there and progressively mellowed as the day went on.

      Inaugural flight of my new 7m when we first got there. Default mid settings not right. After a while crashed it leading edge down, one outside line wrapped around the centers when it tumbled so I limped back to shore.

      Dying down a little so set up the 9.5 and went out. Nice 'n lit during the gusts. Got some good action in before the primary let go after powering up after a jump. Not sure how, bummer. Bar goes to the kite, lines are fubar. So I took a nice leisurely sail back to the shore.

      Greg helped me get lines untangled and we both went back out on 12s. Thanks Greg! Took out about 5:00 as it was starting to get light. Overall good day. Wish more would have been with us, maybe next time.

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      > WOW!!! Looking great guys. Wish I could go. This should be solid beef
      > today. Bruneau Bridge should be perfect. Maybe even CJ.
      >

      > -JBrick

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic