Fw: Olympic Television Schedule

  • Elizabeth Coffey-Curle
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 6, 2008
      Below is the most current Olympic TV Equestrian coverage. - beth

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 7, 2008

        Thank you for sending the schedule. I cannot wait. This is going to be exciting!

        Tara

        Below is the most current Olympic TV Equestrian coverage. - beth

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

          Hi,

          Does anyone have an updated version of the Olympics schedule on tele?  I upgraded cable just to watch the Olympics, booked to get chores done etc. and had Oxygen on by 6:00 and no dressage events?   Anyone having any luck.  I went onto the USEF website but it is not in Bold.

          Tara

          Below is the most current Olympic TV Equestrian coverage. - beth

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

            Same here!  No events have aired on OXYGN but there was coverage of the eventing-dressage tests

            last Saturday morning on USA . Go figure!

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

              AH HA. Thanks for the paradigm shift Beth.

              -jacquelyn

              adjust your thinking to east coast time. If memory serves me right, dressaeg is on OXYGEN again at 3PM today. beth coffey-curle

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

                  I found it online at nbcolympics.com too. I am watching it right now.  Thank you for the time difference awareness, I was going off of the schedule sent out and will adjust accordingly.  I read yesterday that the oldest Olympian is a dressage rider for China (I believe 67). That is inspiring.   Thanks again,

                  Tara

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

                    There was dressage last night on Oxygen from around 7:00 to 7:30 I think.  It’s just a wide window because of the other events.  Tonight it’s supposed to be the team finals.

                    Mac

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008
                      That's right - it's a 6 pm to 8 pm window.  Last night it was tennis for over an hour, then a highlight of the team rides.  I just record the entire two hours and then fast forward to the part I want to watch...  I didn't notice any time difference3.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

                        At 6:00, the OXY channel had a movie coming on?  I kept checking back to see and still a sobby movie.  I am missing the boat somewhere.  What station is it, or does it depend on what satellite your on. I have Dish Network. This should not be complicated, but somehow it is????

                        Tara

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008
                          I have Charter Cable and it's channel 50.  I was talking to Joan who has satellite also and has the same problem.  So it sounds like satellite is different from cable.  Sorry I can't help more.  Maybe you have a satellite info contact number you can call?  or a satellite website with the schedule?

                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

                            It's channel 251 on my satelite. Tennis is on right now but Equestrian (dressage) and Tennis are both scheduled to appear between 3-6PM or as it's scheduled, 6-9 PM (EST).

                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

                              Ah! 251 might be the answer.  Does it say it is oxygen or is it something else???  J

                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

                                OXYGEN, all caps. do the menu trick with your remote if that doesn't work. that's how I found it...well to be honest, my 10 yr did it the first time for his electronically inept mother...

                                Hey, it's on RIGHT NOW!  And while I have all of your attention, the dressage show scheduled for Aug 23-24 is in desperate need of persons to help set up and tear down the court. No court, no show, no kidding. Everyone has gotten used to the court and everything being all set up for the competitors from the ring to the ribbons to the competitors tent but in reality, there are people behind all of those tasks. This time around, some of the "regular" volunteers, myself and Joan Wright included, are out of town. Some other board members have to work the day before the show and one has even taken the day off in order to offer her help but she can't do it alone.

                                Please contact Cindy Hoonhout and Mary Anne Christiensen and volunteer. Yes, it does take a village to pull off a dressage show.

                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008

                                  And we have a winner! Thanks  Beth. Of course I am at work so practicing the remote method will be interesting.

                                  Tara

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 14, 2008
                                    Hi all - I have been watching on the internet the site is www.nbcolympics.com/video/index.html this site has all of the times and it also has the hours to watch for all the equestrian programs - good luck Mary