Dressage in the Sierra
- Hi all,Dressage in the Sierra is right around the corner. Thanks to everyone who has sponsored the show. There is still time to be a sponsor if you get it in the mail this week. You can download the forms from the SNC-CDS website. This is a very expensive show to put on so every little bit helps.We are still in need of volunteers. Contact Jennifer Smith at jsmith@.... If you are showing a great way for you to help out is by helping set up the rings on Friday and tearing everything down on Sunday. We will start setting up the rings on Friday at noon. The more people we have the quicker it goes. The quicker we get it set up the sooner we get to ride. So meke it a point to be in the indoor at noon on Friday!!!!I am having trouble finding a farrier to be on call for the show. We used Jerry Bailey last year but I haven't been able to get a hold of him. If any one knows how to get a hold of him please let me know. If anyone knows of a farrier that might be interested in being on call please let me know.Thanks everyone for all of your help and support. Looking forward to having a great show.Wendy
- hi wendy,i got a whole bunch of hoof stuff from you?? is that yours?c
From: Wendy Hays
Sent: Mon 8/1/2005 2:32 PM
Subject: [snc-cds] Dressage in the SierraHi all,Dressage in the Sierra is right around the corner. Thanks to everyone who has sponsored the show. There is still time to be a sponsor if you get it in the mail this week. You can download the forms from the SNC-CDS website. This is a very expensive show to put on so every little bit helps.We are still in need of volunteers. Contact Jennifer Smith at jsmith@.... If you are showing a great way for you to help out is by helping set up the rings on Friday and tearing everything down on Sunday. We will start setting up the rings on Friday at noon. The more people we have the quicker it goes. The quicker we get it set up the sooner we get to ride. So meke it a point to be in the indoor at noon on Friday!!!!I am having trouble finding a farrier to be on call for the show. We used Jerry Bailey last year but I haven't been able to get a hold of him. If any one knows how to get a hold of him please let me know. If anyone knows of a farrier that might be interested in being on call please let me know.Thanks everyone for all of your help and support. Looking forward to having a great show.Wendy
This message has been sent via the SNC-CDS Yahoo group. Replies to this message will be forwarded to the entire SNC-CDS group. If you wish to reply to the sender of this message only, please change the address. Please include your name in your message so that members will know who sent the message.
To send a new message to the group: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Unsubscribe from this list: email@example.comSPONSORED LINKS
Sierra nevadas Equestrian Sports car Sport nutrition Equestrian singles Equestrian vacation
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "snc-cds" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
- Visit your group "snc-cds" on the web.
- Hello All,Dressage in the Sierra is open for entries however, we are still working on the entry forms and prize lists and they are not up on the site yet. We will send out an email announcement as soon as they are ready.In the meantime, some of you have expressed an interest in sending in an entry form asap. If you would like to do this, please use the entry form located in the CDS Omnibus or found on the CDS website. Dressage in the Sierra is a CDS, USEF, USDF recognized show. Please remember to fill out the entry form COMPLETELY including all signatures and copies of cards.Vital information:Facility use fee: $10 per day per horse.Training - Fourth: $45 per class
FEI: $55 per class
USDF Freestyle: $45 per class
FEI Freestyle: $55 per classRemember to add $10 for the USABIG qualifying classesAgain, we will be getting Dressage in the Sierra prize lists and entry forms up soon but if you cant wait... you have this option. It should be a fantastic event!Michele
- Hello again everyone,We should be posting the prize list and entry forms for Dressage in the Sierra today. It is very important to read the prize list and to enter the correct fees on your entry form. The prize list is quite long compared to our CDS shows but some important items to be aware of...Along with class fees, there are several mandatory fees that must be paid. Mandated USEF/USDF/CDS fees must be paid and are on the entry form (CDFA $5/USEF drug fee $12/CDS travel grant $2). Additional fees that are NOT already written into the entry form are:Facility Day Use Fee:$10 per horse per dayAdmin. Fee (office fee): $20Please remember to fill the entry form out completely including signatures and copies of your cards.We apologize for the delay in getting this up on the site and thank everyone for your patience!Michele
- Hi again,The entry forms and prize lists for Dressage in the Sierra are now up on the web. Thank you everyone for your patience. Dont forget to fill in all the blanks on the entry form (including show name and date at the top).Michele
- Hello again...I know I should know the address for the club treasurer...but I don't...where do we send the entry forms? thanx, cg----- Original Message -----From: Steve and Michele TingTo: yahoogroupSent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:16 AMSubject: [snc-cds] Dressage in the SierraHi again,The entry forms and prize lists for Dressage in the Sierra are now up on the web. Thank you everyone for your patience. Dont forget to fill in all the blanks on the entry form (including show name and date at the top).Michele
- ARG!!!!!Carolyn,You are right!!! We need a mailing address and I believe the entries will go to Connie Davenport but before I correct this on the prize list, let me get ahold of Beth to be sure.SOOOOOO sorry everyone! Thanks for catching this early Carolyn!
- Hi all,
Dressage in the Sierra I & II prize lists and entry forms are now up on the site.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Dear Friends of Dressage,
Dressage in the Sierra is one of the premier shows of the California Dressage Society’s circuit. This annual event draws competitors from throughout the region to ride under internationally rated judges. As one of the top equestrian events in Nevada, it offers a perfect venue to showcase Reno area businesses and products to serious equestrians.
Our organization, the Sierra Nevada Chapter of the California Dressage Society, is affiliated with the United States Dressage Federation. It is a volunteer group whose members spend countless hours working to ensure the quality of this event. Each year, its success depends on the support and patronage of our community. Sponsorships from chapter members, their families and friends, and local professionals and businesses are essential to maintaining the show’s tradition of excellence.
Each sponsorship, from the smallest to the largest, is greatly appreciated. Please take a moment to look at the attached list of sponsorship opportunities and select the one that best meets your needs. Your support will be recognized in event materials, mailings, and the chapter newsletter, as well as at the show. Funds raised help us to attract top-notch competitors through prizes, cash awards, trophies and first-rate facilities.
For additional information about sponsorships, please contact Victoria Myer 775-378-7403 or Beth Curle 775-849-0136. If you are unable to be a sponsor at this time, please consider helping us secure a donation or a prize suitable for an award. Your involvement ensures that we can continue to showcase the art of dressage in northern Nevada.
Thank you for your generosity,
Members of the Sierra Nevada Chapter, California Dressage Society
Sponsorships for Dressage in the Sierra
Please select the level of sponsorship that best meets your needs and thank you for helping your organization ensure the success of Dressage in the Sierra.
Dressage in the Sierra Sponsorship Levels
Grand Prix $250 or more
Sponsor receives a full-page ad in the show program, presentation of your company banner in the competitors’ tent, display space for company information, recognition as a Grand Prix Sponsor in the competitors’ tent, invitation to Saturday’s wine-tasting reception, and mention in all event materials. Sponsor to provide 7 ½ x 10 ” black and white camera-ready program ad.
Prix St. Georges $150
Sponsor receives a half-page ad in the show program, display space for company information, recognition in the competitors’ tent and in all event materials, and an invitation to Saturday’s wine-tasting reception. Sponsor to provide 7 ½ x 5 ” black and white program ad.
Class Sponsor $100
Sponsor receives recognition in the show program, listing in the competitors’ tent, mention in event materials, and an invitation to Saturday’s wine-tasting reception. Please specify class preference, pending availability.
Sponsor receives business card advertisement in the show program, listing in the competitors’ tent, mention in event materials, and an invitation to Saturday’s wine-tasting reception.
Friend $25 or more
Sponsor will be listed in the show program and an invitation to Saturday’s wine-tasting reception.
Sponsorship Level/Amount: _____________________________________________
Please return this form with your check payable to SNC-CDS
Dressage in the Sierra, P.O. Box 2637, Carson City, NV 89702
I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend celebrating our country's independence. The weather was perfect for every outdoor activity.
Our annual Dressage in the Sierra show is just 2 weeks away and the closing date is Friday, July 9th . Once Connie Davenport gets settled from her days at the Pebble Beach show, we'll have a better idea of the number of entries and the financial condition of this show. We continue to hear that shows are down 20% and given the number of emails I receive announcing show deadline extensions and actual show cancelations, that number is probably low. Working locally, the SNC Board is continually review each show's operation to find opportunities to reduce our overall expenses.
Chapter members Jennifer and Ray Mair will be hosting our judge Louise Koch in their home for the duration of the Dressage in the Sierra show, a savings to the chapter of over $500. If you see Jennifer or Ray at the show, please extend a thank you to them.
And you could help too. We are transitioning back to the days when the lunch, snacks, and beverages for the show officials were supplied by the chapter members as a contribution to the success of the show. If you are willing to bring lunch, beverages, and snacks for the show officals (6-8 people) for one day at either the July or August show, please contact me at 775-849-0136 or curle@....
Maybe you noticed that no one solicited you for a donation for this show? It was voted on at our last chapter meeting to fore-go any solicitation due to the downturn of the economy. As a result of the elimination of show sponsors, a show program will not be produced for this show either - another show expense eliminated.
As part of our "Breakfast on the Green" component of our Dressage in the Sierra show, we are looking for two volunteers to assist with the food portion of the dressage shows. We need someone to purchase, and deliver continental breakfast type food and beverages for Saturday or Sunday morning of Dressage in the Sierra, July 18-19th. It is our intension to keep is simple with simple pastries, bagels, fruit, etc and coffee for competitors, show officials, and spectators. Please contact me at 775-849-0136 or curle@... if you are willing to host either of these mornings.
Beth Coffey Curle
Just a reminder, entries for Dressage in the Sierra close just around the corner - July 9th! Please get your entries in on time. Trainers, please make sure your clients' entries are sent to our show manager on or before July 9th.
Our monthly chapter meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 14th at 6:30PM at the Washoe Flats restaurant in Washoe Valley. Agenda items include: Dressage in the Sierra; Rachel Saavedra clinic in September; SNC Annual Awards; CDS Scholarship Grant; other new and old business.
- Hello everyone,
The ride times for Dressage in the Sierra have been posted to the SNC website. Please be aware times are subject to change and it's a good idea to check back as the show approaches as well as the day of the show.
Have a great weekend everyone!
- MicheleHello everyone,Just a quick update about DITS... we had the wrong judge on the prize list. Please be aware the judge for DITS is Melissa Creswick (S). I've updated the prize list on the website.
- Just a reminder that entries are open for Dressage in the Sierra, July 18-19 at FTM. Entries can be found at www.snc-cds.com Our April show was over full so competitors are encouraged to get their entries in early! Incomplete entries, entries without payment, and entries sent after the closing date will be put on a wait list.
- Please note the closing date is July 10th.Good evening everyone,The prize list and entry form for Dressage in the Sierra are now posted to the SNC website (Hooray!).Remember there is a no-host potluck summer party on Saturday July 23rd after the last ride of the day (around 5pm). All the sign up information is on the main page of the SNC website. Sign up and come join the fun!Michele