Just a little funny...

  • Cindy H
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
      Snagged from another group, no author stated. Enjoy.

      HORSES
      When you are tense, let me teach you to relax.
      When you are short tempered, let me teach you to be patient.
      When you are short sighted, let me teach you to see.
      When you are quick to react, let me teach you to be thoughtful.
      When you are angry, let me teach you to be serene.
      When you feel superior, let me teach you to be respectful.
      When you are self absorbed, let me teach you to think of greater
      things.
      When you are arrogant, let me teach you humility.
      When you are lonely, let me be your companion.
      When you are tired, let me carry the load.
      When you need to learn, let me teach you.
      After all, I am your horse.

      And now, the REAL STORY..............
      When you are tense, let me teach you that there are lions in the woods,
      and we need to leave NOW.
      When you are short tempered, let me teach you how to walk around the
      pasture for an hour before you can catch me.
      When you are short sighted, let me teach you to figure out where,
      exactly, in the 40 acres I am hiding.
      When you are quick to react let me teach you that herbivore's kick MUCH
      faster than omnivores.
      When you are angry, let me teach you how well I can stand on my hind
      feet, because I don't FEEL like cantering on my right lead today, that's
      why.
      When you are worried, let me entertain you with my mystery lameness, GI
      complaint, and skin disease.
      When you feel superior, let me teach you that, mostly, you are the maid
      service.
      When you are self-absorbed let me teach you to PAY ATTENTION. I TOLD
      you about those lions in the woods.
      When you are arrogant, let me teach you what 1200 lbs. of
      YAHOO-let's-go event horse can do when suitably inspired.
      When you are lonely, let me be your companion. Let's do lunch. Also,
      breakfast and dinner.
      When you are tired, don't forget the 600 lbs. of grain that needs to be
      unloaded.

      "Half the failures of this world arise from pulling in one's horse as he is leaping." --Augustus Hare
    • Jennifer Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2006
        Too true! I just brought my other horse back from Christiane's so now I
        have all my boys here - yippee! (I have Rossini and Parelli at
        Franktown and Beau retired in a pasture on Franktown Road with another
        older horse and a goat!)

        See you at the Christmas party!

[...]

        This message has been sent via the SNC-CDS Yahoo group. Replies to this
        message will be forwarded to the entire SNC-CDS group. If you wish to
        reply to the sender of this message only, please change the address.
        Please include your name in your message so that members will know who
        sent the message.

        To send a new message to the group: snc-cds@yahoogroups.com To

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        This e-mail message is a confidential communication from the law
        firm of Lionel Sawyer & Collins and is intended only for the named
        recipient(s) above and may contain information that is a trade
        secret, proprietary, privileged or attorney work product. If you have
        received this message in error, or are not the named or intended
        recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender at 702-383-8888
        and delete this e-mail message and any attachments from your
        workstation or network mail system.