knit to help end sexual violence on New Year's Day

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2006
      Hello everyone,
      sorry for the late notice, but I just found out about this event that
      involves knitting for a good cause. Here is the invite:

      "Hello all crafty ladies, gentlemen, and those who refuse to be
      defined! Stitchfest 2 is a chance to crochet, knit, weave, sew or
      magically will into existence a blanket for the warm hearted, cold
      footed ladies of the Chicago Rape Crisis Hotline. We will be meeting
      at Pressure Billiards and Café, 6318 North Clark Street 773-743-POOL,
      on Monday, January 1st between the hours of 2 PM to whenever? Maybe 2
      AM. Let's just go crazy! Why are we doing this? To come together in
      peace and joy while creating a symbol of love to support those who are
      fighting to end sexual violence. If you want to help but cannot
      attend, you can send us 4"x4" squares that we will add into the blanket."

      You can find out more information at http://myspace.com/stitchfest2.

      I'm planning to go anyway, but it would much easier to get my lazy
      butt out of bed if I get a big group together. Call me if you would be
      interested. (312) 404-1411

      -Sarah (Morton)