Wheels of Wonder Fun Bike Ride for Canine Companions for Independence

  • Kerri Skrudland
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2006
      You can help enhance the lives of people with disabilities

      Dear Stitch N Bitchers,

      I am participating in WHEELS OF WONDER, a Fun Bike Ride on Sunday, October 22, 2006 to raise money and awareness for Canine Companions for Independence� (CCI), a non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships.
      Proceeds from the WHEELS OF WONDER event directly benefit the Southwest Region of Canine Companions for Independence, and by funding the programs that provide assistance dogs to people in our community, we are all part of the miracle-making process.

      Did you know that according to the Americans with Disabilities: 2002 report, 18 percent of Americans have some level of disability? Did you know that 11% of children in America, ages 6 to 14, have a disability? That�s 4 million children. Did you know that there are 10.7 million people age 6 and older in America who need personal assistance with one or more activities of daily living (such as taking a bath or shower) or instrumental activities of daily living (such as using the telephone)? And 2.7 million people age 15 and older in America use a wheelchair.
      You can visit the CCI website at www.cci.org for more information about the four types of assistance dogs that CCI provides to people with disabilities.
      Please help me make a difference in the life of a person with a disability by clicking on the �donate now� link to make your tax-deductible contribution. I thank you for supporting me with your donation as I prepare to ride in the 2006 CCI WHEELS OF WONDER Fun Bike Ride this October. Your gift will make it possible for CCI to continue to provide Exceptional Dogs for Exceptional People.

      As you may know, my sister is a dog trainer with CCI, so this is a cause near and dear to my heart. And the chance to ride with cycling celebrities doesn't hurt, either! So please give what you can.

      Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Canine Companions for Independence

      Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
      http://cci-wowfunbikeride2006.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=185092&u=185092-141530951&e=784163392

      Kerri Skrudland