IMD Guest House Foundation fundraiser details!

  • Deanna McMillan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5 10:05 AM
      Hello fellow knitters,

      I am going to unlurk for a moment to let everyone know about a
      fundraiser on which I've been closely working these past few months.
      The Guest House is a terrific organization, and the event is easily
      accessible: downtown location, affordable ticket prices (especially
      when so many nonprofit galas are $100+ a head), and great services at
      the event. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions
      about the event.

      Sorry in advance for the spam!

      The Illinois Medical District Guest House Foundation and
      Bloomingdale's are teaming up to host for a fabulous fundraiser on
      April 22, 2010.  A mere $25.00 buys your ticket for a stellar event
      and support for an incredible cause.

      Sweets, savories, and cocktails will be served; a DJ will rock the
      house; and attendees are entitled to receive indulgent, complimentary
      beauty or grooming services at the event, so enjoy being pampered
      while you feast and mingle!  Both men's and women's services will be
      offered; the list of vendors and additional instructions for guests
      attending this event are posted on the registration page
      (http://www.imdguesthouse.org/imdguestevents.html).  All complimentary
      beauty services will be accompanied by a goody bag from the vendor who
      provides the service.

      Our very special guest for this event will be New York Times
      best-selling author Jill Kargman, best known for her novels Momzillas
      and The Ex-Mrs. Hedgefund.  Ms. Kargman affectionately skewers the
      more ridiculous aspects of Manhattan upper-class life with a hip
      twist.  Guests will have the opportunity to purchase her books at the
      event; we are also hosting a book signing during the fundraiser.  More
      information on Ms. Kargman can be found at http://www.jillkargman.com

      On top of the $25 ticket price, Bloomingdale's is generously donating
      10% of all purchases made during the event to the IMD Guest House
      Foundation.

      Discounted parking will be available for attendees who park in the
      garage adjacent to 900 N. Michigan.

      Join us for a wonderful evening of relaxation, celebration, and
      networking.  We hope to see you there!

      ***Note:  Preregistration is required for this event.  Please visit
      http://www.imdguesthouse.org/imdguestevents.html to register and
      easily pay via PayPal.  Due to the nature of this event, we regret
      that we cannot sell tickets at the door.

      ABOUT THE IMD GUEST HOUSE FOUNDATION:
      The Illinois Medical District (IMD) is the largest urban medical
      district in the nation. Within the District lie four of the country's
      most recognized medical institutions: Rush University Medical Center,
      University of Illinois Medical Center, Stroger Hospital of Cook
      County, and the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center.

      The IMD Guest House started in response to a critical need in the
      District for short term affordable accommodations where family members
      could stay while their loved one is receiving treatment.

      Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the Guest House
      provides family and friends of patients receiving treatment with
      comfortable affordable accommodations for as long as they need it. The
      Guest House is the only such facility in Chicago that serves families
      of both children and adult patients, giving families comfort and one
      less thing to worry about at a time in their lives when little else
      matters.

      Families who are able pay between $40 and $50 a night for their
      accommodations. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen, sparing
      families the additional cost of dining out; laundry facilities are
      housed in the building, parking is free and each of the hospitals is
      within walking distance.

      No one in need is ever turned away from the Guest House for inability to pay.

      On behalf of the countless moms and dads, grandmothers, grandfathers,
      sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, husbands and wives, who have been
      a part of our house and whose lives our Guest House touches each and
      every day, we thank you in advance for your support.

      Deanna McMillan
      IMD Guest House Foundation