RE: [snbwickerpark] beginning knitters

  • Karen Pillsbury
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
      I've got a DVD and a bunch of books that you can use if you want to borrow it.

      Shoot me an email at

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2006
        Taking a class is definately a great way to learn.

        Most of the folks at Stitch n Bitch come to socialize and enhance
        their knowledge of knitting. We typically don't get raw beginners
        who have never cast on a stitch, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't
        welcome one.

        If you need help giving knitting a try before you decide to put down
        the bucks for a class, then one of us would be glad to show you how
        to get started. You'll need to bring some needles and yarn. If you
        don't have any, if you give us a heads up one of us can bring some
        spare needles and yarn so you can try it out.

        Most people learn best hands on, but if you're one of the lucky ones
        who can pick up something easily from a book, then you can give that
        a try. (My first attempts at knitting were all from books and were
        utter failures; once a friend showed me, I learned the basics really
        quickly, though.)

        Linda

        --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, "J Henderson"