RE: [snbwickerpark] beginning knitters

  • Karen Pillsbury
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
      I've got a DVD and a bunch of books that you can use if you want to borrow it.

      Shoot me an email at

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2006
        Take a class! If you want a good strong understanding that would be the way
        to go. I just so happen to teach at Lill Street Studio.
        Jamie

        >From: Tari Toppe <ttoppe@...>
        >To: snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [snbwickerpark] beginning knitters
        >Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:03:23 -0700 (PDT)
        >
        >Hi,
        >
        >I have never knitted, but would like to learn, along
        >with my best friend. Is a Stitch n Bitch group a good
        >way to get started? Or would you all recommend another
        >way?
        >Thanks so much,
        >Tari

        >http://mail.yahoo.com

      • lnellett
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2006
          Taking a class is definately a great way to learn.

          Most of the folks at Stitch n Bitch come to socialize and enhance
          their knowledge of knitting. We typically don't get raw beginners
          who have never cast on a stitch, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't
          welcome one.

          If you need help giving knitting a try before you decide to put down
          the bucks for a class, then one of us would be glad to show you how
          to get started. You'll need to bring some needles and yarn. If you
          don't have any, if you give us a heads up one of us can bring some
          spare needles and yarn so you can try it out.

          Most people learn best hands on, but if you're one of the lucky ones
          who can pick up something easily from a book, then you can give that
          a try. (My first attempts at knitting were all from books and were
          utter failures; once a friend showed me, I learned the basics really
          quickly, though.)

          Linda

          --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, "J Henderson"