beginning knitters

  • Tari Toppe
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
      Hi,

      I have never knitted, but would like to learn, along
      with my best friend. Is a Stitch n Bitch group a good
      way to get started? Or would you all recommend another
      way?
      Thanks so much,
      Tari

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Karen Pillsbury
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
        I've got a DVD and a bunch of books that you can use if you want to borrow it.

        Shoot me an email at

        I have never knitted, but would like to learn, along
        with my best friend. Is a Stitch n Bitch group a good
        way to get started? Or would you all recommend another
        way?
        Thanks so much,
        Tari

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

      • J Henderson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2006
          Take a class! If you want a good strong understanding that would be the way
          to go. I just so happen to teach at Lill Street Studio.
          Jamie

          >From: Tari Toppe <ttoppe@...>
          >To: snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [snbwickerpark] beginning knitters
          >Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:03:23 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >Hi,
          >
          >I have never knitted, but would like to learn, along
          >with my best friend. Is a Stitch n Bitch group a good
          >way to get started? Or would you all recommend another
          >way?
          >Thanks so much,
          >Tari

          >http://mail.yahoo.com

        • lnellett
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 8, 2006
            Taking a class is definately a great way to learn.

            Most of the folks at Stitch n Bitch come to socialize and enhance
            their knowledge of knitting. We typically don't get raw beginners
            who have never cast on a stitch, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't
            welcome one.

            If you need help giving knitting a try before you decide to put down
            the bucks for a class, then one of us would be glad to show you how
            to get started. You'll need to bring some needles and yarn. If you
            don't have any, if you give us a heads up one of us can bring some
            spare needles and yarn so you can try it out.

            Most people learn best hands on, but if you're one of the lucky ones
            who can pick up something easily from a book, then you can give that
            a try. (My first attempts at knitting were all from books and were
            utter failures; once a friend showed me, I learned the basics really
            quickly, though.)

            Linda

            --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, "J Henderson"