avon breast cancer walk

  • cabasaan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2009
      As many of you know, I have been talking about the avon breast cancer
      walk for the last couple of weeks. This group was key to my own
      recovery through my difficult bout with cancer, knitted uteri and all!

      I have decided to give back to the community at large through
      participating in the avon breast cancer walk 2 day walk June 6 and 7.
      While my cancer was not breast cancer, I still feel breast cancer
      strikes primarily at women, like my own cancer did.

      This walk is a way for me to confirm my own wellness, as well as
      remember the other women in my life who are cancer survivors, my
      mother and my aunts.

      This walk supports underinsured women here in Chicago, in addition to
      other aspects of breast cancer research and charities.

      Please help support me in my own personal fight so other women won't
      have to struggle with the same financial burden I did. Any sum, even
      $5 helps.

      Here's a link to donate: http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk2009/Chicago?
      px=4526501&pg=personal&fr_id=1780

      You can also donate or buy yarn from my own personal stash, which I am
      selling off to support this. Yes, that's how serious I am! Check out
      the ravelry group (search under avon).