Re: Winter Location

  • legsmcgee_28
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
      Alliance is fine. There is that other one that opened up across the
      street, I can't remember the name of it... But Alliance is fine.

      --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, Anne Howard <anne_e_howard@...>
      wrote:

      > I agree. This week there were four of us at Penny's,
      > but only one person ordered food. I would be willing
      > to give Alliance another shot, since the location is
      > good and I've heard they are under new management. I
      > don't know the neighborhood well enough, but if anyone
      > has other suggestions for coffee shops/bars near the
      > train, I'd be all ears.
      >
      > Anne
      >
      > --- theyarnsnob <yarnsnob@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Now that the outdoor seating has been removed and
      > > the economy sucks,
      > > what do you all think to moving from Penny's back to
      > > the Alliance
      > > Bakery. Yea I know it's quite like a tomb in there
      > > but fuck it, it's a
      > > coffee shop not a library so lets remind everyone of
      > > it and don't
      > > forget a coffee and cookie is easier on the wallet.
      > > So let's discuss.
      > > If we do move, a message/e-mail posting will be sent
      > > out first!
      > >
      > > And as always, you don't have be a knitter to come
      > > and hang-out, bring
      > > your crochet, beads, embroidery and more!

    • Megan L. Casey
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
        I'm in!

        Megan

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2008
          This would be my first meeting (hopefully if my cold subsides) but Alliance sounds great to me!