Re: [snbwickerpark] Winter Location

  • Anne Howard
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
      I agree. This week there were four of us at Penny's,
      but only one person ordered food. I would be willing
      to give Alliance another shot, since the location is
      good and I've heard they are under new management. I
      don't know the neighborhood well enough, but if anyone
      has other suggestions for coffee shops/bars near the
      train, I'd be all ears.

      Anne

      --- theyarnsnob <yarnsnob@...> wrote:

      > Now that the outdoor seating has been removed and
      > the economy sucks,
      > what do you all think to moving from Penny's back to
      > the Alliance
      > Bakery. Yea I know it's quite like a tomb in there
      > but fuck it, it's a
      > coffee shop not a library so lets remind everyone of
      > it and don't
      > forget a coffee and cookie is easier on the wallet.
      > So let's discuss.
      > If we do move, a message/e-mail posting will be sent
      > out first!
      >
      > And as always, you don't have be a knitter to come
      > and hang-out, bring
      > your crochet, beads, embroidery and more!

    • legsmcgee_28
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
        Alliance is fine. There is that other one that opened up across the
        street, I can't remember the name of it... But Alliance is fine.

        --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, Anne Howard <anne_e_howard@...>
        wrote:

        > I agree. This week there were four of us at Penny's,
        > but only one person ordered food. I would be willing
        > to give Alliance another shot, since the location is
        > good and I've heard they are under new management. I
        > don't know the neighborhood well enough, but if anyone
        > has other suggestions for coffee shops/bars near the
        > train, I'd be all ears.
        >
        > Anne
        >
        > --- theyarnsnob <yarnsnob@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Now that the outdoor seating has been removed and
        > > the economy sucks,
        > > what do you all think to moving from Penny's back to
        > > the Alliance
        > > Bakery. Yea I know it's quite like a tomb in there
        > > but fuck it, it's a
        > > coffee shop not a library so lets remind everyone of
        > > it and don't
        > > forget a coffee and cookie is easier on the wallet.
        > > So let's discuss.
        > > If we do move, a message/e-mail posting will be sent
        > > out first!
        > >
        > > And as always, you don't have be a knitter to come
        > > and hang-out, bring
        > > your crochet, beads, embroidery and more!

      • Megan L. Casey
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
          I'm in!

          Megan

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2008
            This would be my first meeting (hopefully if my cold subsides) but Alliance sounds great to me!