Winter Location

  • theyarnsnob
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
      Now that the outdoor seating has been removed and the economy sucks,
      what do you all think to moving from Penny's back to the Alliance
      Bakery. Yea I know it's quite like a tomb in there but fuck it, it's a
      coffee shop not a library so lets remind everyone of it and don't
      forget a coffee and cookie is easier on the wallet. So let's discuss.
      If we do move, a message/e-mail posting will be sent out first!

      And as always, you don't have be a knitter to come and hang-out, bring
      your crochet, beads, embroidery and more!
    • Anne Howard
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
        I agree. This week there were four of us at Penny's,
        but only one person ordered food. I would be willing
        to give Alliance another shot, since the location is
        good and I've heard they are under new management. I
        don't know the neighborhood well enough, but if anyone
        has other suggestions for coffee shops/bars near the
        train, I'd be all ears.

        Anne

        --- theyarnsnob <yarnsnob@...> wrote:

        > Now that the outdoor seating has been removed and
        > the economy sucks,
        > what do you all think to moving from Penny's back to
        > the Alliance
        > Bakery. Yea I know it's quite like a tomb in there
        > but fuck it, it's a
        > coffee shop not a library so lets remind everyone of
        > it and don't
        > forget a coffee and cookie is easier on the wallet.
        > So let's discuss.
        > If we do move, a message/e-mail posting will be sent
        > out first!
        >
        > And as always, you don't have be a knitter to come
        > and hang-out, bring
        > your crochet, beads, embroidery and more!

      • legsmcgee_28
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
          Alliance is fine. There is that other one that opened up across the
          street, I can't remember the name of it... But Alliance is fine.

          --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, Anne Howard <anne_e_howard@...>
          wrote:

          > I agree. This week there were four of us at Penny's,
          > but only one person ordered food. I would be willing
          > to give Alliance another shot, since the location is
          > good and I've heard they are under new management. I
          > don't know the neighborhood well enough, but if anyone
          > has other suggestions for coffee shops/bars near the
          > train, I'd be all ears.
          >
          > Anne
          >
          > --- theyarnsnob <yarnsnob@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Now that the outdoor seating has been removed and
          > > the economy sucks,
          > > what do you all think to moving from Penny's back to
          > > the Alliance
          > > Bakery. Yea I know it's quite like a tomb in there
          > > but fuck it, it's a
          > > coffee shop not a library so lets remind everyone of
          > > it and don't
          > > forget a coffee and cookie is easier on the wallet.
          > > So let's discuss.
          > > If we do move, a message/e-mail posting will be sent
          > > out first!
          > >
          > > And as always, you don't have be a knitter to come
          > > and hang-out, bring
          > > your crochet, beads, embroidery and more!

        • Megan L. Casey
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
            I'm in!

            Megan

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2008
              This would be my first meeting (hopefully if my cold subsides) but Alliance sounds great to me!