Substitute Knitting Teacher

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2006
      Anne and I co-teach a beginning knitting course at Northwestern
      University, and I need someone to substitute for her for the fall
      session. The class is for beginners, and covers everything from
      slipknots to yarn overs. Classes can be as large as 18 people.

      Candidates should:
      -have experience teaching someone to knit
      -have intermediate+ knitting skills (familiarity with multiple color
      knitting, knitting in round, pattern reading)
      -be comfortable in front of a group
      -be very patient and able to say the same thing over and over again
      until it sinks in
      -be very good at fixing mistakes

      Classes meet on Northwestern's Evanston campus for six weeks in
      October and November, on Monday evenings from 7:15-9:15. I need
      someone who can commit to the entire six weeks. This is a paying
      gig, although there is always a possibility that the session will be
      cancelled if too few students sign up (unlikely in the fall).

      If you're interested, please email Anne directly at a-
      howard@....

      Jamie Henderson