Re: [snbwickerpark] SnB meeting! NEW VENUE!, 4/24/2007, 7:00 pm

  • Megan L. Casey
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23 1:37 PM
      I checked out your link. I guess I don't get it.  It seems that it would be a positive to have a nice, safe, clean place for people of all ages to gather. Unless they're telling me I have to be celibate to drink coffee there I don't see the problem.

      "Megan L. Casey" <megreed@...> wrote:
      Voice your choice, but can't we just get together to knit?

      Jennifer Hoppenrath <jenhoppenrath@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Thanks for the heads-up, but just wanted everyone to
      know that one of the owners of Blend (Johan Khalilian)
      heads up "Project Reality" which are huge supporters
      of President Bush, Focus on the Family, and abstinence
      only education.

      Here's some more information for those who may not
      want to give their money to such causes:

      http://feeds. feedburner. com/YoChicago/ neighborhoods/ eastvillage/

      http://metromix. chicagotribune. com/dining/ 118375,0, 7443744.venue

      > All Rights Reserved
      > Copyright © 2007
      > Yahoo! Inc.
      > http://www.yahoo. com
      >
      > Privacy Policy:
      > http://privacy. yahoo.com/ privacy/us
      >
      > Terms of Service:
      > http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com

    • Jennifer Hoppenrath
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23 1:58 PM
        Absolutely! Personal choices respected. Just wanted
        to put that out there as some people might want to
        know who they're giving money to.

        --- "Megan L. Casey" <megreed@...> wrote:

        > Voice your choice, but can't we just get together to
        > knit?
        >
        > Jennifer Hoppenrath <jenhoppenrath@...> wrote:
        > Thanks for the
        > heads-up, but just wanted everyone to
        > know that one of the owners of Blend (Johan
        > Khalilian)
        > heads up "Project Reality" which are huge
        > supporters
        > of President Bush, Focus on the Family, and
        > abstinence
        > only education.
        >
        > Here's some more information for those who may not
        > want to give their money to such causes:

        http://feeds.feedburner.com/YoChicago/neighborhoods/eastvillage/

        > --- snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >
        > > Reminder from: snbwickerpark Yahoo! Group
        > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snbwickerpark/cal
        > >
        > > SnB meeting! NEW VENUE!
        > > Tuesday April 24, 2007
        > > 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
        > > (This event repeats every week.)
        > > Location: Blend - New Venue
        > > Street: 1725 W. Division
        > > City State Zip: Chicago, IL
        > >
        > > Notes:

        http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue

        > > All Rights Reserved
        > > Copyright © 2007
        > > Yahoo! Inc.
        > > http://www.yahoo.com
        > >
        > > Privacy Policy:
        > > http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us
        > >
        > > Terms of Service:
        > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jamie
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23 2:55 PM
          I agree with Megan. The group is about knitting, hanging out with
          friends and supporting the local community. There are people in our
          group with a wide variety of political views, which have never gotten
          in the way of our main objective, knitting in public. If we later
          find out that they have a torture chamber in the basement or Jimmy
          Hoffa in the fridge, then we might have to look for a new place. I
          say all this and I'm not pro-Bush.

          Jamie

          --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, "Megan L. Casey" <megreed@...>