SnB meeting! NEW VENUE!, 4/24/2007, 7:00 pm

  • snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2007

      Title: SnB meeting! NEW VENUE!

      Date: Tuesday April 24, 2007
      Location: Blend - New Venue
      Street: 1725 W. Division
      City State Zip: Chicago, IL
      Notes: http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue

    • Jennifer Hoppenrath
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 2007
        Thanks for the heads-up, but just wanted everyone to
        know that one of the owners of Blend (Johan Khalilian)
        heads up "Project Reality" which are huge supporters
        of President Bush, Focus on the Family, and abstinence
        only education.

        Here's some more information for those who may not
        want to give their money to such causes:

        http://feeds.feedburner.com/YoChicago/neighborhoods/eastvillage/

        --- snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Reminder from: snbwickerpark Yahoo! Group
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snbwickerpark/cal
        >
        > SnB meeting! NEW VENUE!
        > Tuesday April 24, 2007
        > 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
        > (This event repeats every week.)
        > Location: Blend - New Venue
        > Street: 1725 W. Division
        > City State Zip: Chicago, IL
        >
        > Notes:

        http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue

        > All Rights Reserved
        > Copyright © 2007
        > Yahoo! Inc.
        > http://www.yahoo.com
        >
        > Privacy Policy:
        > http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us
        >
        > Terms of Service:
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Megan L. Casey
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2007
          Voice your choice, but can't we just get together to knit?

          Jennifer Hoppenrath <jenhoppenrath@...> wrote:
          Thanks for the heads-up, but just wanted everyone to
          know that one of the owners of Blend (Johan Khalilian)
          heads up "Project Reality" which are huge supporters
          of President Bush, Focus on the Family, and abstinence
          only education.

          Here's some more information for those who may not
          want to give their money to such causes:

          http://feeds. feedburner. com/YoChicago/ neighborhoods/ eastvillage/

          --- snbwickerpark@ yahoogroups. com wrote:

          > Reminder from: snbwickerpark Yahoo! Group
          > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/snbwickerp ark/cal
          >
          > SnB meeting! NEW VENUE!
          > Tuesday April 24, 2007
          > 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
          > (This event repeats every week.)
          > Location: Blend - New Venue
          > Street: 1725 W. Division
          > City State Zip: Chicago, IL
          >
          > Notes:

          http://metromix. chicagotribune. com/dining/ 118375,0, 7443744.venue

          > All Rights Reserved
          > Copyright © 2007
          > Yahoo! Inc.
          > http://www.yahoo. com
          >
          > Privacy Policy:
          > http://privacy. yahoo.com/ privacy/us
          >
          > Terms of Service:
          > http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

        • Megan L. Casey
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23, 2007
            I checked out your link. I guess I don't get it.  It seems that it would be a positive to have a nice, safe, clean place for people of all ages to gather. Unless they're telling me I have to be celibate to drink coffee there I don't see the problem.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 23, 2007
              Absolutely! Personal choices respected. Just wanted
              to put that out there as some people might want to
              know who they're giving money to.

              --- "Megan L. Casey" <megreed@...> wrote:

              > Voice your choice, but can't we just get together to
              > knit?
              >
              > Jennifer Hoppenrath <jenhoppenrath@...> wrote:
              > Thanks for the
              > heads-up, but just wanted everyone to
              > know that one of the owners of Blend (Johan
              > Khalilian)
              > heads up "Project Reality" which are huge
              > supporters
              > of President Bush, Focus on the Family, and
              > abstinence
              > only education.
              >
              > Here's some more information for those who may not
              > want to give their money to such causes:

              http://feeds.feedburner.com/YoChicago/neighborhoods/eastvillage/

              > --- snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com wrote:
              >
              > > Reminder from: snbwickerpark Yahoo! Group
              > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snbwickerpark/cal
              > >
              > > SnB meeting! NEW VENUE!
              > > Tuesday April 24, 2007
              > > 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
              > > (This event repeats every week.)
              > > Location: Blend - New Venue
              > > Street: 1725 W. Division
              > > City State Zip: Chicago, IL
              > >
              > > Notes:

              http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue

              > > All Rights Reserved
              > > Copyright © 2007
              > > Yahoo! Inc.
              > > http://www.yahoo.com
              > >
              > > Privacy Policy:
              > > http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us
              > >
              > > Terms of Service:
              > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > protection around
              > http://mail.yahoo.com

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Jamie
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 23, 2007
                I agree with Megan. The group is about knitting, hanging out with
                friends and supporting the local community. There are people in our
                group with a wide variety of political views, which have never gotten
                in the way of our main objective, knitting in public. If we later
                find out that they have a torture chamber in the basement or Jimmy
                Hoffa in the fridge, then we might have to look for a new place. I
                say all this and I'm not pro-Bush.

                Jamie

                --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, "Megan L. Casey" <megreed@...>
                wrote:

                > Voice your choice, but can't we just get together to knit?
                >
                > Jennifer Hoppenrath <jenhoppenrath@...>
                wrote: Thanks for the heads-up, but