Re: [snbwickerpark] possible venue change

  • J Henderson
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 10, 2007
      Megan, you know how drinking and knitting don't mix, neither do drinking and
      e-mailing, but that was cute. Hey all, I'm actually at Blend right now and
      it is very cute, but also very new. According the family (yea for family run
      businesses!) I talked to they are thinking about hiring a chef who is
      interested in baking everything from scratch and I recommended biscotti,
      because it goes with coffee right? This place is huge and I haven't looked
      at the second floor, this will be agreat venue change. While the menu is
      very limited right now it definately looks like they will be expanding it.
      Yea for Anne and her suggestion.
      Jamie

      >From: "Megan L. Casey" <megreed@...>
      >To: snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [snbwickerpark] possible venue change
      >Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:33:09 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >I think it's great. I don't like Alliance at all.
      >
      >Megan
      >
      >cabasaan <cabasaan@...> wrote: As
      >per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out blend, a new cafe
      > that just opened across from Alliance as a new venue. I talked to the
      > manager, and they would be really delighted to host us.
      >
      > Advantages:
      > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
      > *the loft is really well lit
      > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
      > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
      > *across the street from current venue
      >
      > Disadvantages
      > *Venue change
      >
      > here is the metromix review:
      > http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue
      >
      > what do you all think?

      Find what you need at prices you�ll love. Compare products and save at MSN�
      Shopping.
      http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701
    • J Henderson
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 12, 2007
        FYI-Blend only takes cash right now, they don't have the credit card machine
        yet. Also, I know I like to spin but this woman is my hero, she spun and
        knitted a sweater from her cats hair.

        http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=00&g=f186490c-8235-4854-95e1-26887d06913b&p=Source_Countdown&t=c1149&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17519758/&fg=

        simple tips.
        http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline
      • a_joyner69
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 12, 2007
          --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, "cabasaan" <cabasaan@...> wrote:

          > As per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out blend, a new cafe
          > that just opened across from Alliance as a new venue. I talked to the
          > manager, and they would be really delighted to host us.
          >
          > Advantages:
          > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
          > *the loft is really well lit
          > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
          > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
          > *across the street from current venue
          >
          > Disadvantages
          > *Venue change
          >
          > here is the metromix review:
          > http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue
          >
          > what do you all think?

          count me in! let me know if we switch spots tomorrow!