Re: possible venue change

  • lnellett
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
      Yet another vote for YES! I say update the group message, etc. and
      let's go for it.

      Linda N.

      --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, "cabasaan" <cabasaan@...>
      wrote:

      > As per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out blend, a new cafe
      > that just opened across from Alliance as a new venue. I talked to
      the
      > manager, and they would be really delighted to host us.
      >
      > Advantages:
      > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
      > *the loft is really well lit
      > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
      > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
      > *across the street from current venue
      >
      > Disadvantages
      > *Venue change
      >
      > here is the metromix review:
      > http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue
      >
      > what do you all think?

    • J Henderson
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 10, 2007
        Megan, you know how drinking and knitting don't mix, neither do drinking and
        e-mailing, but that was cute. Hey all, I'm actually at Blend right now and
        it is very cute, but also very new. According the family (yea for family run
        businesses!) I talked to they are thinking about hiring a chef who is
        interested in baking everything from scratch and I recommended biscotti,
        because it goes with coffee right? This place is huge and I haven't looked
        at the second floor, this will be agreat venue change. While the menu is
        very limited right now it definately looks like they will be expanding it.
        Yea for Anne and her suggestion.
        Jamie

        >From: "Megan L. Casey" <megreed@...>
        >To: snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [snbwickerpark] possible venue change
        >Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:33:09 -0800 (PST)
        >
        >I think it's great. I don't like Alliance at all.
        >
        >Megan
        >
        >cabasaan <cabasaan@...> wrote: As
        >per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out blend, a new cafe
        > that just opened across from Alliance as a new venue. I talked to the
        > manager, and they would be really delighted to host us.
        >
        > Advantages:
        > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
        > *the loft is really well lit
        > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
        > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
        > *across the street from current venue
        >
        > Disadvantages
        > *Venue change
        >
        > here is the metromix review:
        > http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue
        >
        > what do you all think?

        Find what you need at prices you�ll love. Compare products and save at MSN�
        Shopping.
        http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701
      • J Henderson
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 12, 2007
          FYI-Blend only takes cash right now, they don't have the credit card machine
          yet. Also, I know I like to spin but this woman is my hero, she spun and
          knitted a sweater from her cats hair.

          http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=00&g=f186490c-8235-4854-95e1-26887d06913b&p=Source_Countdown&t=c1149&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17519758/&fg=

          simple tips.
          http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline
        • a_joyner69
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 12, 2007
            --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, "cabasaan" <cabasaan@...> wrote:

            > As per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out blend, a new cafe
            > that just opened across from Alliance as a new venue. I talked to the
            > manager, and they would be really delighted to host us.
            >
            > Advantages:
            > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
            > *the loft is really well lit
            > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
            > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
            > *across the street from current venue
            >
            > Disadvantages
            > *Venue change
            >
            > here is the metromix review:
            > http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue
            >
            > what do you all think?

            count me in! let me know if we switch spots tomorrow!