RE: [snbwickerpark] possible venue change

  • Stephanie Powell
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
      Sounds awesome to me; if I were knitting these days, that is!
      I'll be back soon, and in fact, this venue change could woo me!
      -stephanie

      >From: "cabasaan" <cabasaan@...>
      >To: snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [snbwickerpark] possible venue change
      >Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 19:18:53 -0000
      >
      >As per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out blend, a new cafe
      >that just opened across from Alliance as a new venue. I talked to the
      >manager, and they would be really delighted to host us.
      >
      >Advantages:
      >*they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
      >*the loft is really well lit
      >*full menu with sandwiches and real food
      >*the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
      >*across the street from current venue
      >
      >Disadvantages
      >*Venue change
      >
      >here is the metromix review:
      >http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue
      >
      >what do you all think?

    • J Henderson
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
        I'm on board. Besides rumor has it that Alliance is for sell anyway, hence
        the little repairs projects here and there. No word on what kind of coffee
        they use, it's not mine.
        Jamie

        >From: "Megan L. Casey" <megreed@...>
        >To: snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [snbwickerpark] possible venue change
        >Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:33:09 -0800 (PST)
        >
        >I think it's great. I don't like Alliance at all.
        >
        >Megan
        >
        >cabasaan <cabasaan@...> wrote: As
        >per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out blend, a new cafe
        > that just opened across from Alliance as a new venue. I talked to the
        > manager, and they would be really delighted to host us.
        >
        > Advantages:
        > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
        > *the loft is really well lit
        > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
        > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
        > *across the street from current venue
        >
        > Disadvantages
        > *Venue change
        >
        > here is the metromix review:
        > http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue
        >
        > what do you all think?

        Find what you need at prices you�ll love. Compare products and save at MSN�
        Shopping.
        http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701
      • shannon haase
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
          Works for me. I actually noticed this place last week
          (I parked right next door). It looks/sounds cool.
          --- cabasaan <cabasaan@...> wrote:

          > As per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out
          > blend, a new cafe
          > that just opened across from Alliance as a new
          > venue. I talked to the
          > manager, and they would be really delighted to host
          > us.
          >
          > Advantages:
          > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
          > *the loft is really well lit
          > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
          > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
          > *across the street from current venue
          >
          > Disadvantages
          > *Venue change
          >
          > here is the metromix review:

          http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue

          > what do you all think?

        • lnellett
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
            Yet another vote for YES! I say update the group message, etc. and
            let's go for it.

            Linda N.

            --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, "cabasaan" <cabasaan@...>
            wrote:

            > As per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out blend, a new cafe
            > that just opened across from Alliance as a new venue. I talked to
            the
            > manager, and they would be really delighted to host us.
            >
            > Advantages:
            > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
            > *the loft is really well lit
            > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
            > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
            > *across the street from current venue
            >
            > Disadvantages
            > *Venue change
            >
            > here is the metromix review:
            > http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue
            >
            > what do you all think?

          • Megan L. Casey
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
              Ok, I've had a couple cocktails so I'm feeling pretty catty - I mean chatty.
              Wow! You're all so nice regarding Alliance. I'm absolutely amazed that it's still in business.
              I love a good local, non-chain joint, but it's a dive. A dive is great if the lights are dim and the booze is good, but it's not not what I like in a coffee shop/bakery.

              I  know I don't get out too often, but I'm ready to move on!

              Ok, I've settled down now.

              Meg

              --- cabasaan <cabasaan@yahoo. com> wrote:

              > As per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out
              > blend, a new cafe
              > that just opened across from Alliance as a new
              > venue. I talked to the
              > manager, and they would be really delighted to host
              > us.
              >
              > Advantages:
              > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
              > *the loft is really well lit
              > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
              > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
              > *across the street from current venue
              >
              > Disadvantages
              > *Venue change
              >
              > here is the metromix review:

              http://metromix. chicagotribune. com/dining/ 118375,0, 7443744.venue

              > what do you all think?

            • J Henderson
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 10, 2007
                Megan, you know how drinking and knitting don't mix, neither do drinking and
                e-mailing, but that was cute. Hey all, I'm actually at Blend right now and
                it is very cute, but also very new. According the family (yea for family run
                businesses!) I talked to they are thinking about hiring a chef who is
                interested in baking everything from scratch and I recommended biscotti,
                because it goes with coffee right? This place is huge and I haven't looked
                at the second floor, this will be agreat venue change. While the menu is
                very limited right now it definately looks like they will be expanding it.
                Yea for Anne and her suggestion.
                Jamie

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 12, 2007
                  FYI-Blend only takes cash right now, they don't have the credit card machine
                  yet. Also, I know I like to spin but this woman is my hero, she spun and
                  knitted a sweater from her cats hair.

                  http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=00&g=f186490c-8235-4854-95e1-26887d06913b&p=Source_Countdown&t=c1149&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17519758/&fg=

                  simple tips.
                  http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline
                • a_joyner69
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 12, 2007
                    --- In snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com, "cabasaan" <cabasaan@...> wrote:

                    > As per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out blend, a new cafe
                    > that just opened across from Alliance as a new venue. I talked to the
                    > manager, and they would be really delighted to host us.
                    >
                    > Advantages:
                    > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
                    > *the loft is really well lit
                    > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
                    > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
                    > *across the street from current venue
                    >
                    > Disadvantages
                    > *Venue change
                    >
                    > here is the metromix review:
                    > http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue
                    >
                    > what do you all think?

                    count me in! let me know if we switch spots tomorrow!