      From: lnellett <lnellett@...>
      To: snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, May 8, 2009 9:33:25 AM
      Subject: [snbwickerpark] Offer: fresh eggs!

      It's Mother's Day weekend, which means I'm going out see my mom...and have the opportunity to get more farm fresh eggs!

      My mother sells brown eggs from her Rhode Island Red hens for $2 a dozen, which is quite a bargain. And at this time of year, the hens are finally able to get plenty of greens as they scratch around in the grass. Eggs from hens that eat a lot of greens are typically higher in beta carotene -- which makes the yolks a deeper, almost orangey yellow -- and omega 3 fatty acids.

      I've already taken orders from 3 SnB folks and will be bringing eggs next Tuesday. Anyone else want some?

      Linda

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic